Used arch for 3 years

>used arch for 3 years
>rickety piece of garbage
>switching to opensuse
what am I in for?
leap means it will never break, r-right?

Attached: 1627659826512.jpg (474x474, 12.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/openSUSE/comments/nllou9/security_updates_in_packman_and_other_obs_repos/gzm4bol/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gg, you fell for a meme, its shit
enjoy reinstalling arch in 30 minutes

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S SHIT?

i liked suse. It never got in my way.

bloated, this is not the distro you want if you care too much about the number of packages installed, zypper will default to install as many opt deps as possible and the default installation is loaded

not a real rolling release, instead you get tested snapshots from Factory, so most updates are in fact repackages of the same version. This way you will never have to do manual interventions like in ArchLinux and the updates are more stable

yast2 is a wonderful tool for sysadmin

the initial install is painfully slow, the slowest distro to install out there afaik for some reason

zypper is slow but not as slow as dnf

Attached: watch?v=PJg9GT-r0cA-00:17:09.095-0028.jpg (1920x1080, 308.42K)

I've used it before and it's solid, I wouldn't mind using it

really don't mind bloat
I think it's more of a elitist idea, I have 1TB ssd so it's not really a problem for me unless it bloats up my home directory so it takes longer to back up to cloud

no media codecs, have to rely on 3rd party packman

look at what an opensuse release manager has to say about the issue

reddit.com/r/openSUSE/comments/nllou9/security_updates_in_packman_and_other_obs_repos/gzm4bol/

you could just pay for fluendo like this guy, only 20€ or something, not much
that way you avoid packman

Attached: opensuse packman.png (678x192, 16.59K)

Once you've used Arch, everything is shit in comparison. Even Gentoo. I use Arch btw.

Yes, but Tumbleweed won't ever break either if you prefer more up-to-date packages. SUSE just works. Welcome to the enterprise distro world, user.

>I would not give a random idiot on the street my root password
Without access to my physical Linux computer, or knowing how to hack into someone's computer AND trick them into installing malware, that password is useless.

dumb pkg manager

It's the second best

openSUS

Attached: openSUS.jpg (512x512, 78.58K)

Not actually funny if you know how SUSE is pronounced.

>Arch is better than gentoo

>Licking an asshole is better than eating a pussy

Attached: 163353782560.png (1200x1000, 21.98K)

I use Tumbleweed.
It's solid and you can even customize what to install down to individual packages

Nice false equivalency. If it were accurate than using any other distro then Arch would be like eating ass.

Depends on the asshole owner's age, sex and race, really.

t. autistic pajeet

Attached: 1652243062113.jpg (896x991, 80.43K)