/twg/ - Tech Workers General

(Formerly /tjg/ - Tech Jobs General)

Almost a 3 day weekend edition... (In USA at least)

Thread for those of us who actually work in tech to tell workplace stories, complain about coworkers and management, share advice on how to progress in careers, and discuss the technologies we use at our cagies.

>Getting Started
Want a tech job, but have no degree, skills, or experience? Read these before ruining this thread with basic questions:
christopherming.com/tech-jobs-no-experience/
learntocodewith.me/posts/tech-jobs-no-experience/
acilearning.com/blog/7-tips-for-getting-into-it-with-zero-experience
firsthand.co/blogs/innovate-with-influence-global-high-tech/how-to-get-a-tech-job-with-no-experience
indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/easiest-tech-jobs-to-get-into
Come back once you have informed questions about interviewing, salary negotiation, etc...

>Interview Prep
leetcode.com/discuss/general-discussion/460599/blind-75-leetcode-questions
novoresume.com/career-blog/star-interview-questions
blog.interviewing.io/

>Salary Stuff
fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/
kalzumeus.com/2012/01/23/salary-negotiation/
codesubmit.io/blog/the-evolution-of-developer-salaries/
levels.fyi/

>How to Respond to Recruiter Spam
pastebin.com/WX4b62Jx

>Layoffs
layoffs.fyi/

Please suggest more links to add to the lists

Attached: Screenshot_20220629-154554_Firefox.jpg (970x725, 385.22K)

I don't know why I keep doing this...
I wish I were one of the layoffs

>too fucking hot
>cant sleep
>slowly going mental because fo sleep deprivation

Attached: 174251839615.jpg (1920x1080, 225.58K)

Just got a new remote job doing backend. Give me your best tips for slacking off

pad the time it takes you to clear your tickets and don't do more than 4 hours of actual work on any given day, congrats now you're putting in the same amount of effort as just about every other professional software engineer

overestimate the time to solve your tasks, do them quickly, don't tell managers when you have finished

How long does it take to hear back from Amazon, or other FAANG companies after the final interview?
Amazon's site says 5 business days, and it's beginning to get close to that. It's hard to not slack off at my current job until I have an answer

i'm so sick of sitting in a fucking chair
do any of your friends have a job on easy mode?

Get an AC???

>Just got a new remote job doing backend. Give me your best tips for slacking off
Improve efficiency. Most tasks are like 3x less work than your colleagues and management thinks they actually are. It's important to say that they still take that time, but you'll just be faster kek

How little actual work can you get away with doing like this? There's gotta be some minimum amount they're expecting you to do right?

Last friday I was so hungover all day I couldn't get out of bed, didn't even turn my pc on. Nobody realized

I’m IT Manager at a small company so I’m in charge of everything. I go in 3 days a week and do actual work then do nothing except some emails on my 2 days at home. My bosses don’t understand anything but I keep the company running so they’re happy

Yep, pretty sure last week either monday or friday I just called into standup, said I was working on my tickets and didn't actually do anything else work related at all, nobody noticed. As long as you clear your stuff quick enough not to raise suspicion (which is longer than you think it is) and respond to DMs you'll be fine

I'm 23. When do I get my drive for life back?

>junior
>get assigned to project thats launching soon
>sometimes stressful because Im coming in late, but lately its been relaxed
>doable tasks, learned alot about the code
>suddenly were doing an app redesign, everyone is adding new features in the last week prior to testing
>nobody has the time to explain shit
>only me and one senior are full time on project
>code is written with some in house tools that Ive barely grasped the basics of
im currently shitting and pissing and cumming

Attached: 1623673465873829.jpg (707x471, 22.75K)

go buy a motorcycle/mountain bike and/or start doing a combat sport in your free time

I never have enough money to buy contacts :-:

Don't have enough money for any of that.

>almost done with network admin associates degree
>no internships or job
>financial aid probably won’t cover bachelors cause I’ve been in college forever (already have another meme degree)
fuck im done for

Attached: 1VJ248VW.png (829x663, 296.45K)

if you're working in tech and doing things right you're gonna get there soon enough

I fucking hate the corp/enterprise IT world. I am living my dream and doing the things I love, but I hate the users, hate the management, hate the customers. I'd rather just work the tickets and never know who is requesting them. I don't want to listen to their fucking complaints at every weekly meeting and regurgitate the same shit we told them the week prior. I miss when I was a junior admin.

Attached: 1595433182695.jpg (1280x720, 166.43K)

Help desk, studying to get into web dev... one day soon I hope.

Who else TOKE GANG?

Attached: not_going_back.png (648x479, 321.62K)