Should I learn German or Korean? Which one will be more useful long term?

Should I learn German or Korean? Which one will be more useful long term?

Attached: Flag-Pins-South-Korea-Germany.jpg (400x320, 65.7K)

Bump

Where are you?

America

I mean....you know what Im gonna say....as there is more fealty there ...racially. Now I love Koreans, mostly cause they are the greatest case of bootstrapping in history, but the most improved award doesn't beat the nation most of the development world had to gang up on to stop. The are both somewhat economically stalled, with no room to grow, although the Fatherland rightly has become the daddy of Europe, and east Asia is eternally fragmented. So obviously the smart money is on the krauts. Barring best Korea imploding, and being reformatted as a democracy, which would be the story of the century.

only you can answer which ones more useful long term because it all depends on your situation

objectively, german. it's more "wide"spread and used in STEM fields sometimes, especially chemistry; korean is basically only used in korea among koreans

Learn wherever you're going to consume
Otherwise just look at most spoken languages and go down the list till you can specialize in your lifestyle

Spanish, America will become Mexico 2.0 in a couple decades

Chinese

I already know Spanish since high school

I didn't want to learn Korean until I watched Squid Game and Parasite and they are both amazing movies. Now I'm watching two other Korean movies and they are fucking awesome. I haven't watched any K-dramas yet nor I'm into Korean music but I may be soon.

At HSK 4 level now

Bump

this nigga makes sound point on usefulness of german but if u see stats there are more native korean speakers than entirety of francophone world so ppl definitely sleeping on korean influence as well. and europe is in heavy decline while asia is on the rise. USA has no vested interest in europe anymore while their interest in asia is absolute. so if you are looking at the present, german is a good choice. but if you are looking at future, korean is a good choice.

latin

Lol

I'd say japanese since they have a longer heritage for you delve into but you seem to love Korean shit so why even ask strangers that know nothing about you.
Is this just an awkward thread where you larp and brag about learning languages?

Sounds like it's time to learn Chinese.

"Native speakers" doesn't tell the entire story (look at how many people speak English as a 2nd language).
In this sense, worldwide there are about twice as many people speaking German, and it is the most common language in Europe (ahead of English, French).

You should learn Zulu. BBC will take over the world.

OP, pick German, if you already speak English. They're related, and it will be easier to learn and retain.

Germany because you can talk like Hitler

German here. What do you intend to use it for? Every halfway educated German is more or less fluent in English, it will take you years to get to a level where your German is better than their English