XFCE file dialog to KDE picker?!

XFCE bros, I can't get this shit to work.

As per the arch wiki, I've tried 'Install xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-kde and set GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 environment variable in /etc/environment' and no luck.

I've tried to make Firefox use it directly with 'GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 firefox' but it doesn't fucking do anything. I've also fucked with all the about:config 'xdg' settings by marking them to 1...

I'd also love it if firefox opened dolphin from the download menu when clicking 'show in folder'.

Please help me bros. How do I fix these dbus headaches and get KDE flowin all over my XFCE install?

Attached: filepicker.png (805x672, 58.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/66662/how-to-use-nautilus-as-default-in-xfce
aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-kde-opensuse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

beep boop bump

Attached: xue.jpg (529x458, 39.62K)

widget.use-xdg-desktop-portal.file-picker to 1
restart firefox
usually that does it

The awful truth is that all of these systems are actually quite bad. It may seem like the rest must be good, but that's an illusion created by GTK being so much worse.

It doesn't work user :[

When I launch firefox in terminal, I get this output before the window opens. Do you get the same? I want to guess some dbus conf or mesa itself might be overriding that setting.

ATTENTION: default value of option mesa_glthread overridden by environment.
ATTENTION: option value of option mesa_glthread ignored.

Nah that doesn't sound like relevant errors to xdg
Maybe reboot the machine

Wouldn't be surprised if Firefox removed that option because too many users were using it. Same as the ability to remove those faggotass search buttons in the URL bar, which interferes with the arrow keys

Bro, just use fucking KDE.

Reboot is no use. I found a stackexchange thread that notes creating this dbus rule

''

I noticed that code gets firefox to open dolphin instead of thunar from the downloads menu. I've tried all the above with and without the dbus rule btw... I have no idea how it works because FileManager1 sounds a lot like file-picker1 so I thought they were both kde, but it's 'deny'ing it.

'org.freedesktop.FilePicker1' isn't a valid dbus service for me to try.

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/66662/how-to-use-nautilus-as-default-in-xfce

I tried replacing filemanager1 with org.freedesktop.impl.portal.desktop.gtk but no luck

I had trouble with this on fucking KDE and running /usr/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal --replace and starting the xdg-desktop-portal systemd service is what fixed it

>the linux desktop
At least you're not trying to self-maintain patched gtk to get feature parity with OPERATING SYSTEMS FROM NINETEEN NINETY FIVE

eventually gtk will support this feature by... using nautilus at the file picker. so you have to use a shit file manager that's like bloated thunar with less features and you need to write your own scripts and manually edit dconf to do things like open a folder in a generic terminal or set the default sorting method

fyi microsoft is funding gnome and gtk.

How are you launching firefox?
Try a launcher instead of terminal if terminal

I've tried both ways unfortunately, I wish there was a way to debug and see how this shit works

just use firedragon for kde filepicker. or a opensuse patched firefox like aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-kde-opensuse

>KDE filepicker is part of KDE
>GTK devs don't want to make it bloated
>it won't use Nautilus just default to desktop portal which GNOME will implement file picker for
>changing the default to use desktop portal will mean more features in file picker like extensions
>changing default to use desktop portal will make it look native to all GTK DEs that implement it
>GTK will be more minimal
Separating GNOME vision and GTK is the best direction GTK has taken for a long time

Well you can always just install kde

Just stop being a fucking contrarian and use KDE already, no one is going to suck your dick for using GTK based DEs

The last time gnome had a lot of funding they quickly ran out of it because they were spending it all on diversity and inclusion efforts instead of developers. Im not making it up, check the gnome news feed.

Add this to your xinitrc or xfce autostart and reboot:
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE /usr/lib/xdg-desktop-portal-kde &

There might be a better way to start it but this werks for me

Just use qt5ct, and set qt5ct env var int your ~/.profile not /etc/profile