Why 3:2 isn't popular?

why 3:2 isn't popular?

Attached: Aspect-ratio-3x2.svg.png (2560x1739, 59.59K)

Because the world settled on 16:9 a long time ago, user. That ship has sailed.

It isn't? I see every sub 14inch laptop has a model with a 3:2 screen these days.

Best laptop ratio

2:1 for mobile
3:2 for laptop
21:9 for desktop

Lol no

Lol yes actually. It's called "economies of scale". It's why there's five 16:9 panels for every literally anything else panel.

Huawei 3:2 4k monitor

Attached: list.png (378x480, 84.17K)

not that user but can you explain that? i don't think 16:9 is going anywhere either i just don't know shit about economics or how it relates

I have a 3:2 12.4 laptop
it's kinda nice

Because I don't want black bars in my 720p fortnite lets plays

Underage normies GET OUT!

i thought 21:9 was for tv and 5:4 was for desktop

oh and for laptop wasnt it 16:10 all the time too? only the mobile being 2:1 makes sense

i'm probably older than you i'm just retarded

>only available as a grey market import for 2X it's MSRP
Well fuck them anyway.
Televisions are the most common use case for LCD screens, and it's easier to scale the size of the screen up and down due to factors like how they size the glass sheets the screens are cut from. So it becomes cheaper to keep using that same ratio. The glass cutting thing is why TVs are sold as "class" instead of exact dimensions. They're all cut from huge sheets of glass to efficiently create different sizes, but are never the exact dimension. It's also why different manufacturer's seem to have so many common sizes.

I prefer 8:5 (Lenovo Legion btw) on laptop and dual 5:4 desktop. For vidya 16:9 makes the most sense

16:9 is the TV aspect ratio

>>only available as a grey market import for 2X it's MSRP
>Well fuck them anyway.
What do you mean? It's on Amazon for MSRP.
Unless you're a burger maybe. Then you deserve it.

Fucking retards
Tablets, phones, cars and on non-16:9 monitors surpass TVs in panel production, there's a reason why finding non-16:9 panels (just panels, as buying bulk from China straight from factory) is even easier and cheaper these days than for 16:9.

>Tablets, phones, cars
Are mostly 16:9 too.
Your "flagship" (read: ripoff)
Hope your brain damage clears up, user.