Howdy All? :)

Howdy All? :)

user wants to buy a new ThinkPad T15 g1 or g2. For work and life purposes, to (hopefully) last 10 years or so. 15" is good for the older eyes, otherwise I would do T14 ofc

Price might be high for a new model, yet the battery won't be dead like in used models. Plus the warranty.

Go or No Go?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 9.1K)

AVOID LENOVO LIKE THE PLAGUE.
This the last time I buy their products absolute junk.

>T15g
>Compare it to T14
Huh

Get Dell Latitude instead? Just need a good laptop which will last and is well built

I bought one. I returned it immediately. It throttles to 2.6GHz under load and there is a global bios flaw that bricks the UEFI if you install Linux in some cases

It's still possible to find T590 I think. Is that better than T15 in built quality?

I don't need much performance or gaming power. Just need the battery to hold 4-6 hours and screen of visible size, 15.6"

>Howdy All? :)
kill yourself
>255x255
kill yourself

Or spend ~100$ and upgrade my T420 to 10Gb RAM, FHD screen, and 2-3hr china battery?

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 5.44K)

>As of January 2021 deleting SecureBoot keys and installing your own keys (for example by using KeyTool) will brick the device. This is a problem that is similar to one which has been reported on some other Lenovo laptops and is likely due to a faulty firmware. If the device is stuck in a boot loop after replacing the SecureBoot keys, the only way to repair it is by replacing the mainboard of the device.
>The mic mute LED on key F4 stays on even when the mic is live. This is a problem shared by the AMD Gen 1 T14 as well, per the relevant thread in the Lenovo Ubuntu support forum.
>The trackpad may freeze randomly. The cure is to unload the psmouse module with rmmod and reload it with modprobe.

Do you even check the thread before posting

>Do you even check the thread before posting
no
>
have sex

Attached: X86jkY0OH4lugh.png (1087x1176, 605.32K)

>have sex
>anime

I have the T15 Intel i5 Gen 1, so you can ask me questions about it if you'd like.

I bought it when it was new, so I've owned it for almost 2 years now.

The trackpad was really bad but I've just sort of dealt with it until now - I recently bought a glass touchpad from a ThinkPad X1 Extreme. I replaced it really easily and it feels a lot better. For some reason the bottom cover developed a small crack when I was trying to open it - the clips are really stiff. But I can replace that part later if I like too.

The screen is also bad, specifically the colours. I think this might only be a problem with the 1080p model though, check reviews (Notebookcheck is a good site). It's pretty dim too but that's not been a problem for me (apart from the one time I took it outside). I bought it knowing all this, and after a while I might replace the screen to a better one.

Other than that I have no complaints. The SSD is fast and the keyboard is great, and it's been a really reliable laptop (I use it with Fedora linux). I also love the fact that sometimes the fans turn completely off when I'm not doing anything intensive on the laptop (I don't think it was like that on Windows for the brief amount of time that I used that OS after buying the laptop).

yes
i have sex with anime girls
isnt the 1080p variant 250nits 45% ntsc
i had an x1 carbon 6thgen with a similar screen

Attached: UFyCu4gdY1BGe.jpg (1010x1500, 232.52K)

Gay

yes

Attached: cGldrq.jpg (2859x2858, 428.39K)

>i have sex with anime girls
so you are a lesbian?

>isnt the 1080p variant 250nits 45% ntsc
>i had an x1 carbon 6thgen with a similar screen
Yeah

yes
picrel is me
i think if u get the touchscreen variant they go up to 400nits
resolutions above 1080p will fuck w the battery life according to what ive read

Attached: lTQd7Aipkzh.jpg (1066x1500, 361.05K)

>picrel is me
wow u look so cute user

Sure why not

Disable Secure Boot.

I did. Still bricked. I'm