Have you taken the sobriety pill

have you taken the sobriety pill.

Attached: 909op.jpg (480x640, 42.99K)

A question is supposed to have a "?" at the end of the sentence, not a "." you fucking faggot.

it sounds like someone already has?

It's not a question it's a threat.

Attached: drlanning.jpg (644x433, 35.71K)

Threw up all over myself last saturday. So yes.

Sober for 38 days. Life gets a little boring at times (and food doesn't taste as great) but it's not a meme that you gain a lot of motivation when you put down the bottle. I've tackled a lot more DIY projects and feel more productive in general. The weight loss was a nice bonus too. Wish I had gotten sober much sooner.

Attached: 1642763658458.png (866x764, 755.02K)

i quit drinking 2 years ago this month

More images like this.

based

Attached: 1631037031129.jpg (579x530, 21.93K)

Been sober for 2 months 3 days. Gotta say not bad. Wasn’t the ultimate solution to all my problems and there’s still work to do but it’s noticeably better

Attached: 6B556301-8CC5-4771-A421-C0ECD9EB13FA.jpg (750x946, 206.06K)

Congrats user. Was there a rock bottom for you that made you quit drinking?

Attached: 1646529869644.jpg (700x700, 155.79K)

I'm happy for you but I sometimes don't understand it. Why can't people just enjoy things in moderation? I like the buzz of alcohol sometimes when going out etc but I also enjoy long stretches of being sober and not wanting a drink.

Attached: 1639959249193.jpg (717x723, 81.34K)

I tried last night. I caved in today

Attached: him.jpg (311x295, 13.3K)

it was getting out of hand and expensive. i also needed to change something about my life and that seemed like the easiest thing. the only hard part is that the only thing i had in common with my circle of friends was getting drunk, so i don't really have anyone to talk to anymore

Those stretches of time being sober are naturally lower for some people. They need that stimulation and gaba massage to contrast their tense brains. Their return to "normal" is traumatic even. Hope i explained it well

Nobody likes a quitter . . .

See:
Imagine doing that every day but you’re driven by something you feel almost no control over

Why is it always nothing or everything with you people?

Attached: 1647585877951.png (253x238, 65.4K)

also, thanks user

i liked drinking to deal with depression

except an undertaker

Drank a lot yesterday. Too much. Couldn't remember what I did, who I spoke to, unknown calls from my phone, conversations I can't recall.

Feel like absolute shit today. I need to change something.

Good for you, trying it now too. I'm 29 and realized I've been casually (and hardcore) drinking since 18. No more after work beers.

How's the weight/body?

Attached: 1647235712557.png (753x921, 35.04K)

Because I think a lot of us on this site have personality/addiction/mental issues.

>In b4 "no shit"

yes. 7 months

Some people are just "wired" that way it seems. I can't stop myself with just one drink, it has to always be one more and that turns into one more, etc. Before I know it I'm piss drunk, pass out, wake up hungover and start drinking again to fix the discomfort. It's a slippery slope for me so it's easier if I simply never reach for that first drink of the night that gets me started. Wish I could enjoy it in moderation as much as I've tried.

Yep. Should be on anti-depressants but I'm refusing to take them as last time I was on them I just felt numb to everything

I don't like to be wasted af but rather being a bit dizzy while doing everyday things. Nevertheless I'm doing it far too often and I am aware of that. However, it's hard to fight this 'boring' feeling when you're sober.

How do you get through it?

just got to find something else to occupy your mind

Same here. I'm 27 and been drinking since roughly 16. What was casual to me was 4-5 handles of bottom shelf per week just to make it through. Ended up having a few seizures and hallucinations when I went without for a few days and that really sunk it home that I need to stop.

I've lost about 2 inches off my waistline and I'm back to fitting into jeans I couldn't wear the past year or so. 6'1" and ~175 pounds depending on how much I've been eating/shitting. Luckily most of the weight lost was from a stubborn fat cap on my gut

Attached: 1643822427834.png (640x640, 380.84K)

I can't get anymore tramadols so yeah. It sucks.

Thing is, doing stuff under the influence of a bit alcohol is so much more fun to me. And I always find those damn excuses to do so.
But yeah, you're right

This right here. Even something as simple as a book of crossword puzzles can really help with the feelings of boredom during early sobriety

You can always suck peepee for a few

Attached: 1642550180987.jpg (379x389, 52.6K)

I smoke weed everyday but havent had a drink since xmas
Basically done with it at this point. I feel ill probably only drink with my bros on a handful of days a year from here on out

Don't drink or smoke. Only thing I've used is 1/1 THC/CBD oil and it's not for getting high. Only thing that guaranteed shuts off my hand tremors and relaxes the muscles in my jaw for a while without coming with a boatload of side effects.

That shiba looks like he's had a long day.

it isn't easy to be sure, but if you want to change you have to work at it
find a hobby that requires concentration and steady hands
i built a bookcase

Attached: 20220311_181257.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

Happy for you bro. Sounds like you were into it a little heavier than me with the 4-5 bottles of hard stuff a week. Good on you for breaking that. You musta had a rough first few days?

I went to college in Canada so was drinking right at 17, came back over the border and really got into the habit of beers everyday, and partying on the weekend. In the last few years, it turned into having a bottle of whiskey (on top of 2-12 beers a night) in the house as well... Which would last a week or two.

You could've grated cheese on my abs until I was 23, was so fit. No I have a double chin and stubborn belly fat. Feels bad man.

I'll keep at it though, best of luck to you user.

Also, pre-weight gain, I swear my dick was considerably longer.

Attached: 1647236953104m.jpg (1024x1024, 125.94K)

Attached: 20220315_161724.jpg (3264x2448, 1.67M)