What in god's name is the point of this bloatstrosity

What in god's name is the point of this bloatstrosity

Attached: 1200px-Visual_Studio_Icon_2019.svg.png (1200x1200, 55.99K)

uncheck everything but thd latest version of c sharp and use qt for c++ if youre going to use that.

t. unemployed

Provide a better alternative

JetBrains

I was forced to use this for my 4 years in computer science, and after graduation, I uninstalled it and never used it again.

No, that's dogshit slow and as bloated as VS. Anyone implying either one of these is better than the other is a straight out shill. Two bloatstrosities sitting next to each other. Real men use VSCode or Vim.

see you again when you got a job

Why are people on this board such faggots?

When a project becomes huge, you WILL waste a shit ton of time if you are not using an IDE and a text editor instead. Real men use the best tools available to them.

t. unironically unemployed LARPing in Any Forums.

>Want to link a library
>Have to type the include path into three different boxes and add the lib file to two different boxes
For what purpose?

Attached: 1522896148641.jpg (420x420, 33.44K)

I don't use Visual Studio because I don't write C#.
You don't use Visual Studio because you are a raging faggot.
We are not the same.

I write C# and i do it in VSCode with the Nuget Gallery extension, the Roslyn extension, the Visual Explorer extension and the C# extension. I have both Rider and VS installed and i get a better dev experience with VSCode.

Unity3D

>Roslyn extension
how do you prevent it from randomly crashing and your autocomplete every 10 minutes

I never had such an issue. My dev xp with VSCode was so much better than what i experienced with VS and Rider so far that i don't see the need for these anymore. I still have my keyboard shortcuts, my autocomplete, my visual nuget gallery, my solution explorer, i can visualize my whole database schema in no time.

vim billion obscure and nonsensical shortcuts are peak bloatware

Or add the library like a any other file and get on with your day

cmake exists, target_link_libraries

Maybe you should try getting a job.

I work with VS at job and it's still shit.
>the usual GUI bloat
>renaming takes ages
>type something wrong and correct it immediately
>VS picks up the wrong version and bitches with warnings until fucking restart
>working with NuGet is a joke, some things you can do from GUI and others you can't
>VS bitches about changes declarations even when your stuff isn't working
Honestly the only usecase for VS is that it helps you with types and stuff and that is only result of C# being an OOP enterprise grade monstrosity (still much much better than Java)

nah bro it's so good, it practically writes the code for you