Why does everyone here seethe so hard at pic related? Seems like it's treated lower than a proprietary os kek

Why does everyone here seethe so hard at pic related? Seems like it's treated lower than a proprietary os kek

Attached: 1656373395050.png (1200x781, 180.72K)

>truly free liscence makes cocksucking commies mad
>based dictator theo makes the trannies seethe
>security and code quality make the federal agents seethe
every undesirable hates it, its perfect

Its pretty good.
I have never seen any real criticism of it here, just dumb license memes.

That said, most people don't have a use case for it unless you run an exposed server

kys troon

Attached: 1651246947241.png (392x255, 53.43K)

Public Domain is freer.

>Seems like it's treated lower than a proprietary os kek
thats because it is, name one thing you can do on linux/windows you can do on openbsd other than "owning le trannies"

>run openbsd
>have all software
>everything just works if you read the manual
>nothing changes except very rarely and gradually
Once you're sick of dickin' around with distros and shit you just want to settle in. That's why I use a light custom FVWM and OpenBSD. FVWM was my first Linux WM decades ago. Everything is how I want it. Normies can't mount things from the command line but with OpenBSD you can set up toad the auto mounting daemon and do it easily. There is no need to run a DE at all.

Because you tards are shilling a server OS as if it is a meaningful desktop OS. Protip: it's clearly not meant as a daily driver (if you have a job and require software that OpenBSD either doesn't have or doesn't run very well on it). It's an amazing sever OS, but stop this gay shilling of something that is clearly not ready for desktop usage. For fuck's sake, it uses an outdated filesystem from the 80s that's slow as shit for any file transfers, still doesn't have TRIM support among lacking other things that are necessary to do actual work. The license memes are retarded, but don't pretend that there is a valid use case as a desktop. As a server, I have zero complaints however.

Attached: Hosoo.jpg (1033x798, 151.7K)

i like the philosophy behind it but i've tried it on my machine it it's just not ready for the desktop yet. Imho i think reactOS will be a good alternative to Linux once Linus kicks the bucket. The devs are already making good progress on 64bit support so in another year or so it should be pretty usable. and since it's binary compatible with windows you can have plenty of good software to choose from and graphics drivers should be easy enough to get working. I can't wait myself we can go back to the early 2000s NT glory days and forget all about flatshit design and trannies, and Linux etc.

Attached: reactos.jpg (1280x720, 188.91K)

It has a fork of xorg that they hardened what use is that for a server os? Look at the release notes over the past year it's clearly not just a server os user.

ReactOS is just wine without Linux compatibility

Now you cope but soon you will rope.

>The devs are already making good progress on 64bit support so in another year or so it should be pretty usable
I doubt that very much. They have been promising that for years. I understand that OSDev and reverse engineering Windows is extremely difficult, but they have been promising that for years. I don't see it happening for a while.

Wut?

Windows is fundamentally broken form a design point ReactOS by extension has the same problems

Linux and Unix also is but to a much lesser extent

OpenBSD is only for Unix Chads, all others go download fucking gentoo

For me that is not a problem. My problem is Micro$oft's terrible business practices. The main reason why Linux doesn't have as much market share is because grandma thinks its for hackers, and she can't run her program she bought 17 years ago on it. Sure, she could use wine...but your average joe would rather just stick to Windows over learning something new like that.
If ReactOS can get compatible with modern Windows programs, we can finally stick it to Microsoft in a normie-friendly way.

People only use Linux because they don't know better.

powerful

It's meant as a server OS, not as a desktop OS. It's just as retarded as using Kali Linux as a daily driver; you're using it wrong to try to prove a point you're not smart enough to understand.

cant play video games

Do you even use it or do you just make a thread about it every 6 hours?

>It has a fork of xorg that they hardened
Rootless X is nothing special user

It is used as a desktop os and many people use it for that without any issues. It just works now, you sound like you haven't installed it in some time.

It's not useful as a server OS either, it lacks support and drivers for server hardware and software. It's useful if you're a retard who believes in security by obscurity even though you run mostly the same programs as on a linux machine. It's most often used as a firewall by retards who don't really know what they are doing, and by a few autistic hipsters who switch distros more often than their underwear.

because cuck license

What's better for desktops, OpenBSD or FreeBSD?