Serious thread. How to completely obliterate a hard drive with zero chance of recovery...

Serious thread. How to completely obliterate a hard drive with zero chance of recovery. Lets say physical destruction is possible but it must also be hidden far away and when found be completely unrecoverable and untraceable. Nobody but me knows a 100% the drive exists.

Attached: HELP ME.jpg (900x600, 45.81K)

Break it up into pieces and eat it over the course of a long time.

>ITT help! Mom found the CP

Attached: magnets.jpg (598x356, 31.63K)

I already know it doesn't work unless it's a huge ass electromagnet to lift scrap cars and sorry don't have one laying around

Drop it into a volcano.

At my company we usually just burn the drives at 1000°C or so to destroy the data

Well the fact that you posted this will be logged and certainly taken note of but anyways here’s a quick rundown in order
>super strong magnet across entire thing
>open case and take out discs, rub them roughly with steel wool/scratchy sponge
>go over it again with a magnet
>take both the discs and the case and break them both into little pieces
>sweep up debris with magnets, put in box
>put contents into water
>remove contents from water
>put contents into fire, let shoulder
>once you feel they have been adequately burned out back into water again
>go to different locations
>sprinkle around bits of hard drive piece by piece (yards, side of highway, public parks, etc)
>hope they don’t find it
Hope this helps.

Then the only other option is up your ass.
For real, let's hear the story about why you need this info. Sounds way more interesting.

Literally break the platters. Sharp head screwdriver should be enough. You can also salvage a lot of good shit after you do that, like magnets and all that stuff so you can reuse later on.
Otherwise, just wipe the drive with a secure algo a few times, the data should be gone... Data on drives isn't what CSI Miami usually tends to point out. Just look at what a recovery lab deems salvageable, literal scratches on the surface of the platter deem a lot of fucking data unrecoverable, forever.

This is the most retarded thing I have ever read

Just drill it, one or two holes is enough

Just use Derrick's Boot And Nuke to write zeros across your HD a few times
Unless you’ve got some top secret shit on there, no one is gonna spend the money to be able to retrieve the few broken bits of data that may or may not be even possible to get in the first place
Or just take a ferry somewhere and drop it into the ocean along the way
Only 100% sure way is to melt the drive with thermite

Microwave

Hey, I've worked with complete data deletion. Soak it in rubbing alcohol then burn it. That damages hdd beyond recovery

Jesus christ.
Data is written with an electro magnetic head the size of a needle.
You only Ned a massive magnet if it's still in its case.
>get a micro torx set from harbor freight for $5
>open case.
>use same torx set to remove platters
>wipe each with a refrigerator magnet for 2 minutes.
That's it.

Melt into goo

there is a DoD standard about that, and iirc you should shred it where the pieces longest side is shorter than .375” (9.5mm)

that's littering. bad for the environment

>Just drill it, one or two holes is enough
not enough

Stick it in a microwave for 3 minutes. Presto!
T. Guy who got party van'd but wiped all his drives beforehand so no charges

As long as the drill goes through all the disks, they will all shatter

I'm IT director for a medical company and personally, I do a single pass DBAN and then hammer a nail through one of the driver's air holes until it passes all the way through and you hear the disks shattered and rattling around. Then I issue a Certificate of Destruction along with the drives' serial number

>not enough
Given how the data is written, it is

Smash it until you shatter the platters with a hammer then throw it in someone else's trash on bin day. Nobody will piece it together short of you being suspect of stealing state secrets

It doesn't matter. They're coming.

Attached: 4Chan Party Van.jpg (750x600, 286.07K)

Literally came in to this thread to say this.

God damn

Some toxic vapours or even huge gravitational forces, that warp the space-time continuum, are known to do the job in an instant, so just
get your mom to sit on it

Install it in your sister's PC.

Attached: 1581055378262.jpg (720x960, 54.62K)

dban is sufficient, but for the truly schizophrenic, you can always demagnetize the platter with a car battery afterwards and drop it into the ocean.

But don't forget dban. Just use your imagination next time, it's safer than looking at loli.

Kek

I dbanned my hard drive then smashed it up.

What about ssd and m2 ? What’s the go to solution with these

Even SATA SSD's are far less easy to recover data from after just a single pass. DBAN these too. After that, melt or ocean.

Dissolve in acid.