/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Users of all levels are welcome.
Share Windows tools, utilities, tips & tricks that enhance your life.
Reminder: Notice the friendly - please be civil.

>Installation for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>Where do I get Office?
>Can I change edition post-install?
Read the paste: rentry.org/fwt
>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.
>Should I debloat?
Only if you understand everything that you're going to be intentionally breaking.
If something doesn't work later, you probably broke it with some debloat memescript.
>How do I activate Windows?
github.com/luzeadev/winactivate
HWID mimics OEM activation to generate a permanent legitimate license.
(Does not work on VL editions, avoid VL editions unless you enjoy having to deal with KMS breaking and Windows unactivating)
>How do I activate Office?
rentry.org/fwt#kms_vl_all-by-abbodi1406
Installs a tiny KMS server emulator on your PC for activation. Not ideal as it trips AV sometimes and deactivates, but it's the only choice for Office. Alternatively, try Open/Libre Office and set it to save as Office file formats only.

>>Which version should I get?
>Home/Pro
Comes preinstalled with bloatware apps like games, music, news, weather, etc.
>Education/Workstation/Enterprise
Comes with system apps.
>LTSC/IoT LTSC
Comes with nothing, no apps, not even MS Store
Search LTSC-Add-MicrosoftStore if you need it.
There are no compatibility differences between versions, all programs/drivers will work on all versions of Windows.

>LTSC or IoT LTSC?
LTSC meant for corporate PCs with 5 years security updates (KMS only).
IoT LTSC meant for retail/medical/etc PCs with 10 years security updates (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
W10 Home/Pro/Edu/WS/Ent editions are all EoL in 10/2025 (2027 for LTSC) whereas IoT LTSC will be supported until 2032.

>Is Windows 11 good?
>Should I upgrade?
Not yet.

>B-b-b-but muh Windows 7!
OpenShell or StartIsBack

Previous thread:

Attached: 1655265047938.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

rentry.org/windows_for_retards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nakadashi

she's 5

I like the part where the pedos go into feet-first into woodchippers.

>rentry.org/windows_for_retards
Wow that was actually a really cool read. Just having windows 10 without cortana sounds like a significant performance boost.

kill yourself

perfect breeding material

>Be me
>Can't sign into jack shit office products
>Windows settings, cant type in the search bar
>No fucking clue
>SFC, DISM, no joy
>Reinstall windows
>Clean reinstall windows
>Same shit happens
>Bounce between editions, even buy a key for pro, no joy
>Finally do DEEP digging
>CTFcom.exe is not a start up item
>Add to task scheduler
>Problem solved

What the fuck!?

Attached: 1650319018137.jpg (1235x2194, 336.74K)

>on todays episode of "i ran a memescript and disabled everything and now my computer's broken reeeeeeee winblows sux"

Is it possible to install W11 on an i5-7500/Z170-A system via ISO/USB? And if so, is it safe to do or will I run into problems eventually?

this

This. Why do people run these shitty scripts, is it really too had to do it yourself?
Or even worse, those people who use the MEME or AME or whatever Windows 10 edition made by that one underage Any Forums kid.

Where can I download CCmaker?
The paste didn't specify where I can find it.

Yeah, it's really fucking hard to do it yourself. Unless you have insane knowledge of Windows and how to script functions to edit ISOs you have zero chance of doing it "by yourself" and even then it would take you an insane amount of time to create something like optimize-offline
"by yourself".

I changed the boot order trying to get linux to run from a usb, and now I can't open the bios setup window or boot menu.

There's just a black screen with a white underscore. (pic related is not actually my computer, but that's pretty much what the screen looks like).

I'd be able to switch it back if I could just get back into the bios menu...

Attached: bsod.png (560x366, 381.18K)

Hey /fwt/, Just had to install a media package on my LTSC windows 10 N. I only needed windows media player from it but I also noticed it came bloated with things like Skype, any way to remove those? Should I recheck some settings now that I added this? Any suggestions in particular?

Attached: 1600240607858.png (640x640, 37.63K)

>I only needed windows media player
why would anyone ever use wmp
it's literally 2 decade old abandonware that cant play anything

Hi I don't know if Luzea reads this, but I just wanted to thank you for creating the activation script, it works perfect. Much cleaner than any other crack I've ever used.

Believe it or not a Unity game I wanted to play wouldn't load up at all if I didn't have it. It wasn't my choice, I was really appalled by it as well

why do you want children in woodchippers, user-san?

I have use this powershell script to better focus windows with alt-tab. (Found it on superuser)

$signature = @"
>> [DllImport("user32.dll")]
>> public static extern bool SystemParametersInfo(int uAction, int uParam, ref
>> int lpvParam, int flags );
>> "@
>>
>> $systemParamInfo = Add-Type -memberDefinition $signature -Name SloppyFocusMouse -passThru
>>
>> [Int32]$newVal = 1
>> $systemParamInfo::SystemParametersInfo(0x1001, 0, [REF]$newVal, 2)

How do I run it at boot time? So I don't have to manually do everytime