The entirety of usenet gets less posts in a month than Any Forums gets in 12 hours

>the entirety of usenet gets less posts in a month than Any Forums gets in 12 hours
Why ISN'T usenet?

Attached: articles-last-30-days-binary-removed(563,042).png (1000x1000, 521.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eternal-september.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>muh binary wasteland

Attached: articles-last-30-days-with-binary(11,642,947,998).png (1000x1000, 252.43K)

well isnt THAT the of the day

Attached: David Bowie.jpg (629x640, 141.81K)

One of the first decentralized, censorship resistant platforms. And you threw it away.

Not convenient enough.

It is exactly as convenient as mail. Many ISPs included it for free. It's free now too, for text. ( eternal-september.org/ )

>misc.taxes.moderated
>third largest
this suggests a lively debate, which suggests that there are statists on usenet in 2022, which is frankly hard to believe

Same reason very few people use gopher in 2022.

>as convenient as e-mail
So, not very convenient.

never bothered to check it out? qrd on the tech behind it?

This is a good website

it's kind of sad to me that nothing like usenet or BBS is very active these days. i guess the people still using them would probably prefer that though

...and that's a good thing
>nooo i need my schizo spam and angry boomer posts

Attached: .png (866x651, 86.95K)

where do you think you are
what do you think Any Forums is

How do I get started with usenet? Don't you have to pay for access?

Any Forums is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images. Any Forums's collaborative-community format was inspired by one of the most popular forums in Japan, Futaba Channel. Different boards are dedicated to different topics, from Japanese anime, manga, and culture to videogames, music, and photography.

a centralized imageboard with faggot janitors

Why was gopher ever a thing? Was it bad timing that killed it off?

>I have to install a reliable, dedicated client, and punch in a server address and credentials? No thanks, boomer, gb2being old

Attached: updoot.png (1398x683, 314.6K)

life with autism must be very frustrating

Boomer

it wasn't ever a thing
no

Who in their right mind would pay to post on the internet?