What's the best storytelling software? A video game? A movie game? A visual novel?

Also, for the user who was curious, this character is Rabi from Epic Seven drawn by this guy. pixiv.net/en/users/42399563
Anyway please rate them. Which do you think is most efficient for telling an involved story? Is gameplay overrated in terms of being too much effort to program as opposed to storytelling?

Attached: 1631177343061.png (492x428, 173.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AAr2lHZLNyU
youtube.com/watch?v=i40s9t5v6pg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a book is still the best, it does rely on the reader having an imagination though.

nah books are old school. they're only the 2nd or 3rd best storytelling medium.

wtf is this thing again?

read the OP

Attached: 1638671834314.png (610x627, 123.91K)

宇貞ぺこら
youtube.com/watch?v=AAr2lHZLNyU

it's not tho

Attached: 1633582952067.webm (1244x1080, 2.86M)

viznovs...

if not pekoar then who
nigger

renpy or nah

literally read the OP post
and they say Any Forums is the smartest board kek

Visual Novel if your target audience are weabos.

ren'pychan a cute so yeh

For me its vns
>music for auditory immersion
>can read at your own pace since our brains have different focus endurance
>visuals to remove the delay in imagining the features of a character as opposed to books

Rimworld

same

who says that

Attached: spag.gif (450x500, 1.41M)

audio file, the audio play is eternal
youtube.com/watch?v=i40s9t5v6pg

>A movie game?

Don't drag video games down to the same level as movies. That's pretentious hipster bullshit. This is the 21st century.

Films are so passive; all you do is just sit back as something is TOLD to you, whereas games actually have some form of player interaction included in the narrative.

Being involved in the unfolding of the story makes beating a video game actually feel like an accomplishment. On the other hand, when you're finished watching a film, what have you gained? Nothing-- you've just lost two hours of your time with nothing to show for it.

>nah books are old school. they're only the 2nd or 3rd best storytelling medium.

I'm surprised to see someone who has some sense.

Anything performed by real people is automatically constrained in what it can depict, which is why video games, comics, and cartoons are the best formats. They can go in any mind-bending direction that would be impossible for "grounded" mediums. Books are mid-tier because they lack any sort of visuals, but they otherwise match the "can do anything" criterion for being an awesome way of telling stories.

Attached: truth.png (1000x4000, 481.77K)

manga/comic books are the fastest at cramming information into your head
visual novels I feel are better than traditional novels because the effort required to turn a novel into a VN is minimal

Video games are amazing when done right, but when it's more about farming and micro-transactions and ripping off Soulsbourne/Portal/Cookie Clicker with no real innovation, then it loses to your average cartoon. Higher skill ceiling, lower efficiency in translating creator effort to quality product.