Which switch do I buy for casual gaming

I want to buy a nintendo switch. I dont play video games very much but it would be fun to put in the living room to play mario with guests or to take to the airport when traveling. Is the oled version better or will the normal one be fine since Im not a hardcore gaymer? Picrel when I googles it, somehow they know what my job is. 00*

Attached: E1F6C9FC-1A4E-4EF4-B2E8-4F6EF7549FAE.jpg (828x1430, 409.27K)

buy steam deck, become a man

I got my unmanaged switch for $20
Plays zelda at 40fps, which is higher than the eye can see

(((((((somehow)))))))
Could it be your google and facebook accounts? Your linkedin? Your spotify and discord?

WHO KNOWS?!?! strange isn't it xD they're like magicians! clairvoyant!

This isn't a Any Forums topic user
The non OLED is fine, it's not about being le hardcore gaymer, the OLED just has a better screen in both brightness and colour. Maybe better battery life too but I'm not sure. If you're connecting it to your TV that hardly matters.

human eye can't see higher than 60 FPS, above is just marketing

I dont have any of those except spotify. I guess I listen to typical IT guy music

What about the handheld mode, is the quality noticable?

The screen quality? Yeah it'll be noticeable, they're not going to release a new model if the screen was barely a step up. Side by side you'll see the difference I assume.
Whether it actually matters is up to you. It doesn't necessarily mean the non oled screen is shit.

sometimes google fucks up analytics. Thinks for my friend that he's very rich for some reason, he gets ads for planes and super expensive shit inserted everywhere.

>2930 if you want a L3 switch
>2540 if you want a L2 switch
also the the 2930 in your pic is PoE
but to be honest you are better of with a 6xxx series aruba switch or if you want a core switch you can go with a 8xxx series one. the new VFL technologie is kinda based

Why would an ad for a plane even exist? Dude Im not saying your friend is a liar but I dont think Boeings target audience is going to see an ad and then go buy a plane because of it.

Tbh I just looked at the price of games and now I want the non oled because I can buy more games with the money Ill save. Ik this is off topic but is Ergo Proxy a good game, it looks nice.

VFL is cool but what are the security implications? I mean what if I got multiple switches and a router for real hardware boundaries, then I wouldnt have to worry about patching vulnerabilities in the software

He sends me screencaps all the time since ads are so strange. It's not even consumer luxury stuff but like commercial planes, power plants, companies like Bombardier, GE.
Google probably thinks he's some govt official or politician. Personally didn't know ads like that even exist.

Isn't a switch basically an ethernet splitter?
Why so expensive?

Well imagine if you split one ethernet into two you need an ethernet splitter. Do you see how many ethernet those big boys have? Theres gotta be at least 100 ethernet splitters in there, plus you gotta power them and make sure they are all working at the same time. On top of that you also are paying someone to plug all of them together and put them in a fancy little box so you dont have a mess in the server room.

do they have switches on display in electronics stores? because then you could probably see for yourself
t. hikkineet

Probably, I hate going to target though because of all the dirty poors

>If you actually want a Nintendo Switch and are buying new, have no interest in doing anything Any Forums related to it, even piracy etc...
OLED version has the most vibrant screen. However, it is not easily hackable (unless this has changed) so if you want to do anything from play/install pirate games to run homebrew, Kodi, Retroarch etc... it won't be suitable for that unless things have changed.
>If you want a Switch, but may want to mod/CFW/hack/piracy etc
You'll need an older model. This may mean either buying a used model in good condition or buying the right older manufactured model - you';ll need to check model/serial numbers and bundle/packaging to get a good chance of having one that's still viable. Basically, the early Switch models had an old Tegra chipset feature that will let you RCM load it if you bridge 2 pins on the joycon connector (there are jigs to do this) and then use a device to send the payload. This is a hardware issue not a software one, so it took a hardware update to remove the vuln. By doing this you can install custom firmware, use a bootloader like hecate, and generally hack around - even safely, by separating your SysNAND for only clean and legit stuff for playing online without getting banned, put also putting an EmuMMC custom firmware on a SDXC card and as long as you keep it OFFLINE (or at least block any Nintendo services carefully) you can use homebrew or piracy on the EmuMMC safely without it being detectable.
>If you want just something portable and take while traveling, Steam Deck.
Steam Deck is popular for a number of reasons including it being well made, a full computer running on a new SteamOS based on ArchLinux and thus has no lockdown, and allows you to play any games on Steam (or anywhere else if you choose) including emulators for the Switch like Yuzu or Ryujinx!

yeah, plus i realized they're in all likelihood burned in
i personally bought a (non-oled) switch in september 2020 and i'm happy with it. i use it 70/30 docked/handheld and the screen is fine. i'm sure i'd notice the better screen, but it's "good enough" plus like you said you'll have more money for games so if that suits you i'd say go with the regular switch