Can we create a new internet just for nerds and autists just like the old days?

Can we create a new internet just for nerds and autists just like the old days?

>inb4 darknet is for pedos and drug dealers

Attached: 7962DDEB-4382-4813-8E80-B4EBB8A5490D.gif (600x502, 37.15K)

unironically all we need is dark web/user boards. "the internet" is simply consumer space. "the internet" we want is simple free and open communication.

discord

gopher? gemini? i2p? you have many options
discord really has become it's own micro internet at this point with how many people would rather put out content there than just uploading it literally anywhere else

Web5

vr meeting places like the metaverse and vrchat are what you're looking for

Go back to BBS, unironically.

You can't. I won't let you

The problem for us who are TOO autistic is that we aren't into online socialization.
Being a noob in an online community feels bad and I still sometimes get BTFO'd on here even though it's the "community" I feel the most comfortable in.
But otherwise I kind of agree, 3d environments can be comfy.
But there's also not a lot to do in them, which is why they are mostly found in games and not in communities focused on real-world topics.

rdrama.net

BBS are very dead.
Back when they were popular nobody was going to spin up a default installation of the server software in some VPS and forget about it. You were occupying an expensive computer and a phone line for the hours that the BBS was operating, so you had to be committed to it. Which meant sysadmins took care of them and gave them their own personal touch, and they were a scarce and valuable resource so they always had people leaving messages and files.
Nowadays most of them default Synchronet installs and there are very few that actually have any users.

>there are very few that actually have any users.
be the change you want to see
stop shilling this

you can return to BBSs, they are gaining popularity.

I2P has some comfy websites. Kinda has a 90's feel to it, considering the speed at which things update.

Gemini and Gopher.

dude bussy lmao

dark net is full of normies now. new dns with our own shit

They already exist, if you have to ask you won't make it.

the concept of DNS is a scam

discord deletes shit for no reason sometimes
you guys actually down?

that won't stop people from putting entire wikis in a channel because "everyone else is on discord" and "it's easier to do it like this"