Good Time To Buy A Graphics Card?

Is it a good time to buy a graphics card, or are prices inflated at the moment? I really want to upgrade from my Asus GT 1030. It's a silicon lottery graphics card, since I'm able to overclock it way past what the vast majority of owners can, but it's still not good enough to play modern games. I'm thinking about getting this card. Any thoughts? I already have a pretty beefy 8-Core 11th Gen Intel CPU with a giant Noctua heatsink and fans everywhere.

bestbuy.com/site/xfx-speedster-swft210-amd-radeon-rx-6600-core-8gb-gddr6-pci-express-4-0-gaming-graphics-card-black/6495949.p?skuId=6495949

Attached: graphics_card.jpg (614x1250, 215.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/samsung-28-4k-uhd-ips-amd-freesync-hdr-monitor-black/6386391.p?skuId=6386391
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Save your lunch money and wait for the 40 series

Depends. The next generation is coming out later this year so if you want the most powerful stuff, probably not. If you're alright with the current generation, it's a better time so far than it has been for the last year and a half.

When the next gen cards come out, will they be around the same price as current cards, and will current cards quickly drop in value?

It's never a good time so just buy one or you'll be just waiting™ forever.

You could wait but the 6600 is a decent value right now, especially if under $300

I also need to get a new monitor. This one is built for AMD graphics cards. Should I buy a monitor that's made for Nvidia graphics cards?

bestbuy.com/site/samsung-28-4k-uhd-ips-amd-freesync-hdr-monitor-black/6386391.p?skuId=6386391

Attached: samsung_monitor.jpg (2511x1922, 389.8K)

I think the most I'll be able to afford is $300. Should I really wait?

Hard to tell. This could be a short term surplus before another shortage, this time due to neon gas shortages.

I also already have all the Nvidia software set up. How expensive is the cheapest 40 series graphics card probably going to be? Could I get one for no more than $400?

At this point, don't even bother. If you buy the speedster, you're going to have buyer's remorse. If you sit, you're gonna feel bad for simple inaction.

We don't know what next gen pricing will be

next graphics card are going to consoom 600W only, you'll need to buy a new Power supply, and still have to manage with the heat of a 600W card, extra money,extra costs, also the chip shortage is not gone, what is gone is the cripto miners demand, so isn't going to be cheap. buy now and use it for whatever are you going to need a gpu, mostly vidya or editing shittty videos

If there aren't supply fuckups with the 4000 series, then the 3000 cards should crater in value.

I have an 850 watt power supply. Would that be enough? I also doubt I'd be able to afford anything beyond their cheapest one. I bought an 11th Gen Intel when their 12th Gen CPUs were already available.
If you're correct, then I might just wait until they release.

G-sync is mostly just extra cost all nvidia cards support freesync

I was wondering because my previous monitor was AMD compatible, and the Nvidia Control Panel had no issues interfacing with it.

I got a 6600fx for 290 a few months ago and have no regrets. I'm sure you could get something better value if you are lucky/look around but on the other hand, you might not so just do it. every decision you make doesn't have to be the absolute best thing and there's no way to guarantee you can make the best decision every time.

Wait until early September or a few days after new the announcement to make your purchasing decisions, they're usually cheapest then. Next gen GPU will usually be announced around mid-September - October.
If they're gonna be more expensive, then current gen will hold their value better, then slowly get cheaper. If they're cheaper, then 2020 probably gonna happen again - cheaper for a few weeks then exponentially more expensive.

Yes, but now if you want.
I will keep using my 2060 until it breaks.

You know the scalping and mining will start up again when crypto goes back up. Last chance to get below MSRP. Even if ETH 2.0 comes out in November, the alts will still ruin the prices.