Linux audio broke me

I'm a grown up man writing this in tears. I just broke one of my monitors with my keyboard after 2 days of trying to make my 'Presonus AudioBox USB 96' audio interface work on Linux. Not just any distro either but 'AV Linux MX Edition' and 'Ubuntu Studios'. I don't get what I'm missing but my guitar makes zero fucking noise! Please if you know something please post it and if the maker of AV is reading this I will beat you up at sight and throw you in the fucking sewers.

Attached: 15447330_800.jpg (600x600, 24.67K)

have you tried gentoo?

You're using old distros with outdated packages. Ubuntu studio isn't even a thing anymore. Man the fuck up and try Fedora

Linux fucking sucks lmaoo

I guess you are saying fedora labs...?

nope i'm too afraid i would snap and kill myself

USB audio is LITERALLY fucking plug and play. How can you fail this hard at life?

>boot up
>plug in audio interface
>open audacity
>select the audio interface

Just out of curiosity, if you aren't a troll, have you asked on the Ubuntu Studios forum?
Maybe, just fucking maybe, you are some weird edge case, but I seriously doubt it. You failed to post ANY of the trouble shooting steps you have attempted, nor any log files, so I am willing to be you are too retarded to even trouble shoot.

Seriously consider cutting off your dick and bleeding out.

No I didn't, I hated Linux before I decided to install this random obscure Linux distro and now I hate Linux even more. Nothing will ever convince me that Linux isn't terrible now that my 1998 audio interface doesn't work with Ubuntu Studio.

Confirmed troll

You don't own an audio interface and you have never touched linux, once, in your life.

What is it like being such a sad fuck that you have to troll Any Forums for a dopamine rush?

idk bro i plug my chink headphones into my thinkpad and the audio works fine
maybe u should install mint if youre braindead

Watch your fucking mouth boy I know how to work USB audio and I have been reading the fucking forums for answers and nothing will make my sound work. As I said I do not understand what I am missing here.

>also the Ubuntu Studios forum is closed down you fucking spook

Many big brains in this thread but no one can fart out even the smallest solution

lmao, why would you use Linux for its least suited application

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (804x1243, 220.44K)

because I was told by other musicians that audio on linux is the way to go for recording and mastering but know I wonder if I got pranked.

LFS - LinuxFromScratch

trolling in Any Forums? why?

agree with this, this day and age you can plug in a cheap ass behringer umc in debian stable, and it just fucking works

does the device show up in lsusb?

the solution is that it is 110% plug-n-play and that OP (you) is (are) a lying troll.
Linux and MacOS are unironically better for audio than Windows. Windows audio is a fucking mess that is beyond repair, but Microsoft is so burdened by having to support shit that worked on Win95 that they can't fix it at this point.
No you didn't. Please stop lying. This is sad.
Literally no one, and I mean fucking no one, much less border-line brain dead musicians, prank someone with an OS.

yes it does.

>using linux
you deserve what you got, use brain next time and your life will be easier, I promise

how many distros on how many computers do I need to try before this magic 'plug n play' starts working? come with some fucking help

If you're using a distro with pulseaudio installed, remove it and install something that uses pipewire.

get shrekted
my audient evo 4 works out of the box on archlinux with pipewire and pulseaudio including loopback last time I checked