Hello gentlemen, how would you organize an image collection of artworks?

Hello gentlemen, how would you organize an image collection of artworks?

I want to buy a Mac in the near future, so I need a system that works for both OS.

Attached: 4D5718CA-419C-4473-9D26-199C9066A084.jpg (1708x2048, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/folder/rVcExIbB#VN9alzay0OrctggvEn1DUg
hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

art.rar

GPT3

like so mega.nz/folder/rVcExIbB#VN9alzay0OrctggvEn1DUg

Hydrus, but it can take some time. After years of dealing with files I'm reaching the realization that

tags > folders

hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/index.html

booba

>It organises your files into an internal database and browses them with tags instead of folders
Does the program store the tags or do the files carry the tag data?

It stores the tags and tosses a copy of all your files with random fucking names into a single folder so you are dependent on it forever.

It is self contained because how can you view an image without importing it, what's the issue? Storage is dirt cheap nowadays, even if user has a 100gb art collection it's still not a problem. Think of the copied imported files as redundancy.

>because how can you view an image without importing it
nu Any Forums at it again

boober

Anal faggot, do you want a fucking essay? You know exactly what I mean, storage is a non issue, and having a single DB instead of a hundred folders scattered on your HD is a lot more efficient. What's your solution then lets hear it

>I want to buy a Mac
Why even bother saving art locally, just use Google Images when you want to look at something, you're obviously a retarded faggot anyway

Why do you think it's necessary for a single database to have all the files in a single folder named randomly?
It's not one or the other. You throw around efficiency yet have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

"Necessity" is beyond the topic of this thread. The benefit of Hydrus is the organization and quick access via tags, which is the whole point of this thread. If you have another solution, lets hear it. As far as the purpose of a single DB, which is almost irrelevant, is ease of migration and backup, which is key to any media collection. Hydrus allows you to build your own search engine and in terms of organization and speed of finding something that's the best there is. Again, what's your solution?

>having a single DB instead of a hundred folders scattered on your HD is a lot more efficient.
You can manage a single database manually via clever file naming schemes. I guess you're just too lazy/stupid, and need bloatware to do it for you.

Attached: nfo.png (640x2368, 15.16K)

Look at PhD in English over here. I never said that's even a problem for me.

>I never said that's even a problem for me.
I never said you said that. I am claiming right now that it's a problem for you.

shut up nerd

>and tosses a copy of all your files with random fucking names into a single folder so you are dependent on it forever.
thats hella lame.
i wish there was a docker web app that would simply scan a given folder, and store the tag metadata into its own local storage, but still treat the file directory of photos as the original, read-only source of truth. because although my existing folder structure is starting to show its limits, i still want to keep it as-is - i just want it to have tags aswell. its ok if the tag metadata is in some cocaine format, as long as its held completely separately to the original folder hierarchy, and when the webservice isn't available ive still got it, just without any tags.

Just use Hydrus