The most comfy & based OS

>the most comfy & based OS

Attached: openbsd.png (358x263, 100.4K)

How many times will you repost this

he gets paid 3 rubles for every post

that isn't TempleOS

Attached: VirtualBox_TOS_24_06_2022_10_35_47.png (640x480, 25.56K)

every single time i go on this board i see this.

please stop promoting trannyware

Attached: 1656084055143.png (392x255, 53.43K)

>virtualbox
coward

>still no ssd support

Attached: BSD Autism.png (1300x760, 360.45K)

I can post a photo of it running bare-metal if you really need me to, if it's that important

I'd trust the OpenBSD build team building OpenBSD on OpenBSD servers running with SSD drives and having zero problems over some faggot on the internet

Based, just switched to it recently it just worked first install. Feels more comfy than linux desu

>it still works with their ancient SLC drives
>thus it will work well for any ssd
>and no they dont want to talk about their TBW

Attached: copeBSD.png (1892x828, 198.97K)

>he can't afford to spare 1GB to the write balancer
What are you, poor?

>what is write amplification
based retard

Yes please.

Read your own capture to find the answer. I even was kind enough to spoonfeed it to you in the very same comment you replied to. But it looks like, in addition to being poor, you are an idiot. I don't know which came first; if you're too stupid to attain gainful employment or if you're too poor to feed your brain, but it's not my responsibility to fix it.

COPE

Attached: OpenBSD trim.png (1880x314, 64.63K)

You posted the solution yourself. Go be a retard somewhere else.

Indeed, the solution is to not use copeBSD

If you're too stupid to spare 1GB to the write balancer, then OpenBSD is better without you

You fucking retard. It's not about write balancing. It's about write amplification. If you don't use TRIM, then you are sparing ZERO space for the disk to prevent write amplification.
As far as the disk knows, if you never use TRIM, eventually the percentage of used blocks will go up to 100% and never go down. The only way the disk can know that there is free space is by the OS telling it by using TRIM. The disk doesn't understand a file system table so it cannot tell which blocks are "free" without the help from the OS.
Some disks have over-provisioned space that isn't available to the user, but this is obviously very expensive because you are wasting a percentage of the drive. What TRIM does is increase this % by taking advantage of unused space.
The idea that modern drives somehow don't need TRIM any more than old drives do is a total myth.