Every hardware and software they make is fucking garbage how are they still in business

Every hardware and software they make is fucking garbage how are they still in business

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 64.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=HP-OMEN-Linux-5.16
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.18-HP-Omen-Thermal
hpdevone.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they're pretty good

used HP EliteBooks are quite good

this user friendly hp support assistant is garbage, u can not even download drivers by yourself.

The amazing part is how they go out of their fucking way to make their mobo firmware incompatible with any OS that's not windows and they even clearly state that they don't pretend to support any other OS, like if they literally had to invest trillions on not going out their way to make them incompatible.

HPE is pretty good (mostly because they bought other companies out for it), HP consumer shit is pure garbage

what part is incompatible? and what's your model

you've probably been buying the lower end models. Premium offerings are quite good

my last laptop was a (((HP))). 10 years ago. I destroyed it with my bare hands, piece by piece. never touched a laptop or HP product again. fuck those greedy kikes

HP is pretty bad, and I don't like to be negative. Hardware whitelisting was a pretty bad blow when I encountered it. Seeing the business-level invoices for their systems and support was pretty awful too.

Nothing compares to their printers though. The software is horrendously awful and unnecessarily difficult to acquire off their website, and then highly limited in scope and performance. They run the same ink scam as the rest of the industry. Network connectivity is spotty at best. I have literally, truly, taken three HP printers out of home and smashed them to pieces Office Spaces style. Shame on them for making such a shit product that I got for free from a friend, but free was free. Shame on them for me giving them the benefit of the doubt after using that free, older model. Shame on me for buying the second one after smashing the two others.

HP printer division is Satan's pet project.

zbooks are sweet

For example, the Omen lineup only somewhat works well on Linux thanks to the community work to make a wmi driver, my 340s g7 goes into hardware airplane mode if you suspend it, I bought and returned a pavilion gaming 15 that apart from extremely overheating had to have some kernel parameters to be able to boot into linux.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=HP-OMEN-Linux-5.16
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.18-HP-Omen-Thermal

Literally power profiles didn't even work under linux, on the other hand, you could get a fucking chinesium msi and it will work perfectly fine under linux like my gl63 8rc.

HP is a massive company, with a hell of a lot of their income coming from outside the computer industry.

>unironically using linux
Found your problem.

I have a Pavilion gaymen laptop from them. It's pretty good overall, absolutely everything works with Linux, IOMMU does its job for VM gaymen, etc.
Support is also very good. I broke the charging port and they paid for shipping and repair was pretty quick.
Their printers are also OK. A bargain even, but you have to get a pirate cartridge from China because they have DRM shit that won't let you refill or even fully empty a tank (it just says empty after x pages lol).

>pavilion gaming 15 that apart from extremely overheating
Oh yeah, I had to redo the TIM job and replaced with liquid metal. Temps went from [email protected] to [email protected]. It can boost indefinitely now. Also I have a -130mV undervolt going on. But that's the only bad thing I can say about it other than the locked down firmware, but that's thanks to M$. At least enrolling my own Secure Boot keys works like a charm.

The proprietary power connectors they put on their desktop mobos makes me seethe.

hpdevone.com/ my dude

some of their printers phone home and download ""updates"" that prevent third-party cartridges from working

True. Drivers are ass, the printers are fucking horrendous. The laptops are medicore. They install spyware engines on everything. Customer support is a dumpster fire. HP is ass.

Why would they put a realtek nic in a linux laptop?

I had an HP printer my parents used to print papers at home about 13 years ago. It worked fine for a couple weeks, then that damned thing worked spottily, reported empty ink cartridges despite them being brand new, and would not print if all the cartridges were inserted and not empty(even the color cartridges). Fuck HP, I wouldn't buy their shit even for spare parts

Their business line is great, I've never had an EliteBook die on me.
The consumer tier machines are garbage.

Because they work fine if they actually have drivers.

>Oh yeah, I had to redo the TIM job and replaced with liquid metal.
What is TIM job and how to do that?

>Also I have a -130mV undervolt going on.
Can this be done through software on Linux based os?

HP is the reason people hate their office job.

as long as it works i don't care
only issues i have with that laptop are
>glossy screen
>no middle mouse button

>What is TIM job and how to do that?
TIM is Thermal Interface Material. So basically I opened the bottom panel, unscrewed the cooler and replaced the shitty stock thermal paste with liquid metal. It's easy to do and LM costs only a few bucks. I'm not sure if it voids warranty or not. Opening the laptop itself does not. I know because the service guy told me. Anyway, this reduced temps by an amazing 20C, no joke. Picrel is what I used.
>Can this be done through software on Linux based os?
Yes, you can use intel-undervolt to do it on Intel. Dunno about AMD. Some laptops even let you do it in the BIOS. But beware, newer CPUs locked undervolting away because of some gay vulnerability bullshit.

Attached: mt-1200x1200-1408886264.jpg (1200x1200, 101.15K)