Should I get a job with the Postal Service or go to school for nursing...

Should I get a job with the Postal Service or go to school for nursing? I want something with good job security and bennies.

Attached: i4y5epryqdg81.jpg (810x1080, 88.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cnzDfsMCiW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nursing is for women and fags

psychiatric nursing is suited for men

I was leaning more towards that since I have a lot of experience with mental health due to the fact that I have mental health issues.

Do the nursing program. Lots of opportunities to make bank in that field. I've heard the postal service sucks ass to work in. I'm a federal contractor myself and it's a meh job

But I also took the Postal Exam and got an 84 on it so idk what to do.

>88 digits
HH brother. I took the exam and passed it pretty well. All I'm waiting on is my background to be expunged and I could easily get a job there. But nursing would take me 2-4 years at least.

youtu.be/cnzDfsMCiW4

Loser

That’s my plan. As soon as I graduate with my bachelors, I’m taking a full time postal service jerb and working part time for the university. I pissed away 12 years of my life working in industry first, making shit bc I couldn’t afford an edu, so now that I’ve got one I’m going for the bene’s in an org that isn’t going to run out of work. Fuck that industry bullshit. I’d honestly rather die than go back to that.

What are you studying now, user? And what industry were you in?

Damn, this nigga deadlifts all the nurses

Cool, he spends his time lifting blunt object and then putting them back down. I’ll bet the stunted apes impressed by that sort of thing think pretty highly of him

Do you just want to make money? Of so don't go nursing. While you can make a shit load of money being an RN if you're only interested in money you will be miserable. If money and benefits is all you care about go to the postal service.

>If money and benefits are all you care about go to the postal service.

As selfish as it sounds, it's true, yeah. I don't really care about taking care of people. I can barely fucking take care of myself at age 30. I help care for my mother but that's it and it's very taxing. She's elderly too. So I couldn't imagine taking care of a whole unit or floor full of people that are sick and dying and shit.

Yeah, my niece just graduated with her BSN and then passed the RN and WA hired right away.

Federal jobs are solid and normally recession proof. Since I'm a contractor I bought a couple gyms as a fall back, just in case I was ever laid off, but COVID has fucked those up, so I'm trying to fix that shit now.

Yeah I saw that dude that owned a gym that they tried to shut down all the time because of "MUH COVID". Fucking faggots. How much did your niece get offered to start? I think starting rate for a nurse here is like $70k or maybe more idfk

USPS is unionized, benefits are routinely bailed out by US Congress, and will never not be the cushiest thing just to sort some paper around and deliver garbage to a neighborhood every day.

Nursing actually requires some real effort and you work crazy hours. Rare that they have to deal with layoffs, but it's shit and the bitches that work it are HORRIBLE people.

Nursing, 100%. My kid's been a nurse for 3 years and just started working a 3 days a week, 13 week, $60k contract job. He can make almost $250k this year with 4 days off every week, or he can work OT and make even more.

>He can make almost $250k this year with 4 days off every week, or he can work OT and make even more.
Ohh quit the fucking bullshit. No nurse can make doctor money, nigger

I wonder what their retirement plans are like. My uncle worked for Amtrak for like 30 years and retired with full pension and got $4-5k a month until he died. And his widow still gets a check from them too.

Fat basement-dwelling loserya

It’s a long story, I’m high energy and I say yes to everything, so my background reads pretty unbelievably without context. Grew up in a woodworking family & at 12 started helping out my neighbor building his plane, then at 14 worked pt for his plane co, learned composites, CAD, design & engineering principles on the job as an R&D tech, & started a small machining & composites co when I was 22, sold that & joined the Air Force, got out & became a Design Engineer & jumped around various industries from mil shit to consumer products, went back to school for design, going great, but realized 3/4 of the way through it just makes no sense. There’s no point to creating beautiful widgets that just go to a landfill anyway, in a world that has commodified everything such that there’s no point in doing quality work bc tangible value has been sucked out of everything in favor of entire industries optimized for legions of hucksters peddling shit & skimming off the top.

I’d rather show up to a job that I know has work waiting for me, just walk in and do it, walk out at the end of a shift, get paid regularly, be able to see a fucking doctor, and have some free time in the evenings and weekends to actually live life, maybe even date somebody, none of which I’ve ever been able to do working day & night in industry.

Attached: 65B372CF-FA24-4E64-93A7-D5F967E16CB2.jpg (685x1024, 78.32K)

Yeah, I think she might be around 60k, but she is going to move up quick. Anything medical related seems to be a huge win, with benefits, and overtime, you will be sitting pretty. The part I hate is that you have to make so many important decisions in your twenties. I'm in my forties now and would do things a lot different, if I would have known in my twenties what I know now. The good thing is that you're formulating a plan.