Appimages, Flatpacks or Snaps

What's Any Forums stance on this pressing matter?

Attached: appimagesvsflatpacks.jpg (1280x822, 253.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I2iShmUTEl8
yewtu.be/watch?v=I2iShmUTEl8)
flatkill.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that fag should cut his hair

They are shit.

appimages for emergencies.

Snaps are empirically shit
flatpak security could be better but it works
appimage is a last resort

I wear snap backs.

Easier to install, portable, better theme integration, decentralized and not backed by evil corporations. Any objection to the superiority of Appimages?

>his

Attached: When a nigga is tryin' to act subversive.png (480x720, 276.12K)

Flatpak if it offers a better experience over native or if not available in native.
AppImage if no debian package and no Flatpak

GNU Guix is all you need.
Everything else potentially glows in the dark.
Here's why:
youtube.com/watch?v=I2iShmUTEl8 (yewtu.be/watch?v=I2iShmUTEl8)

Attached: GLOWIES_GET_OUT.png (2048x1992, 749.48K)

that's a woman, user, sorry to disappoint

AppImages are kind of cringe because they're gigantic and contain all dependencies required for running it inside, which in theory is good so there aren't version conflicts...but not every single AppImage needs to have its own version of Bash.
FlatPaks' security is pretty much a lie, see flatkill.org
Snaps are...stupid? Just use apt. I see literally zero point. And they're confusing, unlike Arch packages.

>FlatPaks' security is pretty much a lie
But it's not. Is a traditional package manger able to restrict an app from accessing the webcam or the wifi? No? Flatpak can.

I don't care about extra security with Flatpak, I didn't even know they claimed that, but I do know that flatpak's are structured like any normal native xdg-app, so really it's the simplest sandboxing solution. And that's what makes it nice, stable, and easy to work with across a bunch of distributions.

portage

AppImage is the most simple and sensible. It's also the least popular. Oh well, that's modern Linux for you.

AppImages are not portable since they depend on a specific version of glibc and may depend on other host libraries, often ones that are already deprecated. The chance of them running on any distro other than the Ubuntu 16 LTS that the dev built them on is not very high. Plus they are bloat because they can't deduplicate.

>Snap
Proprietary Canonical BS
>Appimage
Pain in the ass to manage, "install", and not portable unless the dev takes care to make it so.
>Flatpak
Portable, easy installation, squashes repeat dependencies.

Pretty clear winner.

avoid all of them

>vulnerability discovered in libfoo
>have to wait for all developers to update their snap/appimage/flatpak
none, use distro provided packages