Why does every distro have a stupid name?

Why does every distro have a stupid name?
How do you expect anyone to take you seriously? Why would i switch away from macOS when you have such gems as:
>ubuntu
oonga boonga
>debian
literally just the creator's name and his spouse's name stuck together, he even put her name first like a complete cuck
>mint
ah yes i too prefer all of my superman comics in mint condition
>slackware
does not inspire confidence in the maintainers
>arch
ba ba ba ba ba im lovin it
>manjaro
oonga boonga
>knoppix
ah yes i too like to polish my own knob
>puppy linux
cute things are for fags
>dsl
where do i even start with this one:
* includes the word "damn" in official name
* name already taken by a type of internet service
* same acronym as dick sucking lips
>gentoo
what happened to gen one
also if it's only gen TOO then why do you install it with a stage THREE tarball
>fedora
mmmmmm'lady
>opensuse
ah yes i too like to read dr suse
>guix
how the fuck do you even pronounce this shit
>android
it's a phone you fucking retards it doesn't even look anything like a person or have any moving parts
>pclinuxos
how many layers of redundancy are we on right now
>lfs
it shouldn't even have a name of its own, at that point it's not even a distro it's just linux, so why give it a distro name
>alpine
only good name so far
>clear linux
holy shit could a name glow any brighter than this
>suicide linux
wow so eggdy, did you're mom buy that goth outfit for you

Attached: 1645339453596.jpg (734x550, 124.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Introduction.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

install gentoo

Sounds like you want to use "Linux from Scratch"

pclinuxosus

Linux For Niggers

linux users cant see the dog

Attached: dog costume.jpg (659x543, 68.18K)

Who's this?

My niece

Can't spell macacos without MacOS

Attached: yande.png (1287x2130, 1.05M)

I use NixOS, what's wrong with that name that doesn't equally apply to macOS?

A FUCKING APPLE

Okay but NixOS is probably the worst name of them all, considering unix-like operating systems have broadly been called *nix or simply nix. The name means nothing and just causes confusion since NixOS breaks from unix standards more than almost any other linux distro. Great OS though.

distros have pathetic names because devs are smooth brains when the subject is naming, branding or marketing

ubuntu is woke concept from years ago, impressed how became popular, maybe they got some money in marketing and have a decent branding

arch linux have a stinky logo

same to KDE... looks like a generic engineering brand, no mention that KDE subproducts are cringier "Konsole, Kcalc, Kalendar, etc".

manjaro is so soulless and tasteless

fedora is cringy AF (but werks dammit)

>the thousand dick stare
no thanks, I like crazy but not THAT crazy

>bro just use a macaroni book
kys

Gentoo is a species of penguin.

Attached: Gentoo-penguin.jpg (330x450, 25.34K)

The most powerful company on the planet is fucking named "Google" and everyone takes it seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

What dog?

>how the fuck do you even pronounce this shit
rtfm
guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Introduction.html
>“Guix” is pronounced like “geeks”, or “ɡiːks” using the international phonetic alphabet (IPA).

t. linux user

have you tried ligma.tarball