The only thing I know how to use. What complex systems can I build with it?

The only thing I know how to use. What complex systems can I build with it?

Attached: nodejs.png (167x125, 8.11K)

haters will say otherwise, but javascript can be used to build literally any level of complexity. you need to have the brains and the commitment though. it will be a hungrier in CPU and memory than your average compiled lang, but it will just be a matter of offsetting this linear constant by more CPU and more RAM.

>it will be a hungrier in CPU and memory than your average compiled lang
And take 1000x more disk space.

pnpm fixed this

javascript is a based lang that is easy

unfortunately, because its easy, it will attract the classic onions devs

if you want to learn a lot about javascript, take the course "Understanding the Weird Parts of Javascript" (pirate it obviously)

Once you know that, you'll be able to build anything with skill.

By the way, the course teacher did a scummy thing and set the entire thing to 0.67x speed so it lasts longer so you're going to have to watch it at 1.5x speed at least.

Absolutely anything your heart desires
JS is the lingua franca of the industry. Absolutely every API, library, and SDK ships with premier support for JS

onions devs.... lol meant to say onions devs

I meant to say
S
O
Y
I fucking hate this board and its memes

some cool things:

- use puppeteer to build a web scraper or automate any process on the web, i wrote a scraper to download every audio file from a website for example

- use electron to write cross platform desktop apps

- write websites

u can do literally anything, even make games

>10mb to 1000mb
its a one-time cost for each instance. 3 orders of magnitude increase in runtime bloat is more than offset by the 5 order of magnitude increase in cloud storage.

Pajeets, Go back to praising the loo revolution. I get that JS is the only thing you know but it's almost never the right tool to use.

sorry Edward, but your C# has now been outsourced to TypeScript. you had the opportunity to redeem it, but now its too late. don't blame the player lol.

It's honestly easier to learn the hardest concurrency features of C++ than it is to keep track of your event loop callback spaghetti in chodejs.

>things that never happen
There are literally 0 C# Services that are refactored into Typescript. Typescript was created to make the Xp of writing backends and frontends a bit more homogenous by the very same guy who made C#.

dude, in your web browser type ctrl+shift+i

you can now run javacsript code it is that easy and accessible

that's why its the best

document.getElementById('m87477226_1').innerText='u r retarded'

A web scraper with Electron was my first paid gig when I was a noob, but then I realized you can do awesome shit with only the browser console.
I can scrape pretty much anything with 0 dependencies these days, even async shit.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-06-23 23-28-17.png (987x737, 231.46K)

If you have to ask you don't know it.

Hello newfag, how is your summer vacation going?

I have 0 issue with using Javascript in the browser. This thread and the posts i read here suggest its use everywhere from backend servers to desktop and Mobile Applications which is the idea i am challenging.
No one. Literally no one argued that Javascript should not exist on browser clients. The thing is, i do believe it should only exist in that perimeter.

>

>What complex systems can I build with it?
Complexity is not a good goal to have. When building software, strive to make it is as simple as possible, and no simpler.