Major tech news outlets demonize used cards because muh wear and tear from mining

>major tech news outlets demonize used cards because muh wear and tear from mining
Is this what corporate propaganda looks like? Sounds like they are in cahoots with the GPU manufacturers to make sure as many normies as possible buy new cards at msrp when they come out instead of getting a deal.

Attached: Screenshots_2022-06-23-15-06-52.png (809x447, 88.18K)

I digital anything is always the weakest part of the system

If a GPU didn't fail while in a farm, directly next to hundreds of other GPUs, in a steel pole barn without AC in the middle of summer, then its not going to fail inside of your gaymer rig.
They don't OC these cards. They underclock them to get the most hash/watt so the notion that they've been abused is just silly.

Attached: 1426632170253.gif (220x190, 1.93M)

I'd rather buy a card used for mining than gaming. Mining cards are field tested, they run undervolted, underclocked and at full efficency in a cooled storage facility. Gaming cards, on the other hand, run overvolted with the snot overclocked out of them in an improperly cooled rgb gayman case that hasn't been cleaned in 2 years.

if all the normalfags hate them so much why can't i buy an rx570 for $50 yet if it's a 5 yo card?

Other miners and scalpers are still buying used cards too

my old gpu failed after 5 years and i got it brand new
gtx 770

are those "scalpers" in the room with us right now?

This user gets it. Thinking workloads hurt a card and not temps is peak normalfaggotry. These people were literally getting paid to properly set up and maintain the cards. Wonder how much thought the average dorito-dust laden fortnite faggot puts into taking care of their shit, probably none.

If you buy a used mining GPU you are an idiot and deserve to lose whatever you paid for it.

>

Attached: 1641829360226.png (501x585, 10.29K)

I've heard most miners undervolt to lower temps and save power

Prices are still falling? I bet you could find one that cheap in the next few months.

>Is this what corporate propaganda looks like?
kek, cope miner cuck. not buying your shit.

ITT: bag holders trying to get rid of their GPUs on the verge of death.
A mining gpu works 24/7 for months or years.
A gaming gpu works that belongs to a normal person works 3 hours a day and maybe 12 hours in the weekends.
A "well maintained" car with 500k miles, still needs to change some parts... But guess what, you can't change parts in a gpu. If it's their time, tough shit for you.

Only retards are buying these used cards

This shill just bought an used card, got scammed, and now is trying to cope and convince himself that he did the right choice LMAO.
Rx 6600 is 299 new in europe, rtx 2070/super performance with new drivers, either buy one of those or wait for rtx 4000

Attached: 020BB841-5661-4DA4-9DE5-54229ED0C628.jpg (498x474, 66.74K)

It's also not really high temperatures (within the standard operating parameters) that harm the hardware, either, it's thermal cycling. A card is always ramping up and down and boosting while gaming (especially when opening or closing a game), but it will run pretty much at a constant level when mining except when the system is down for maintenance.

It's overvolting that is potentially harmful in the long-term when it comes to overclocking, but of course miners don't do that either. The problem with a miner card is that you get no warranty and it's likely that the fans are not going to perform well.

GPUs are not cars, user. The only moving part is a fan. Solid state electronics do not get wear and tear other than high current degrading certain sensitive circuits, and mining GPUs are not highly overclocked gamer cards.

Not a miner but
What if it had a year or two of warranty left? What if I actually took care to keep temps in check? Who's the cuck then? The guy selling perfectly good cards for cheap or the normie blindly insisting on handing more money over to Mr. Shekelstien?

What is more electronics are far more sensitive to powering on and off. Variable load also speeds up degradation, so a gayming GPU being boosted to the limit by gayming drivers is going to be in a worse state than a constant-loaded compute GPU. Optimizations for efficiency by miners increase this effect.

They do. Not only does efficiency go up with underclocking and undervolting, they take well over a year just to break even on the cost of the card, let alone the entire facilities they're renting out with AC and enterprise scale power hookups. They're trying to get the longest lifespans out of the cards

I think vram might die earlier, cuz most rx 500 series cards were mined on and they are having a lot of failures now