Intellij

>intellij
>collections
>lambda
>generics
>lambda
>streams

Heres your functional boilerplate-free language bro. You can stop using python.

Attached: 1a.jpg (323x330, 11.63K)

Ah yes, just fuck my shit up with 2 second startup times and 250 MB minimum RAM usage.

>java
>boilerplate-free
I'll debate you on that as soon as I get these 15 getters and setters typed out.

I'd rather take boilerplate than another AbstractMetaFactoryConfigurator.

>what is graalvm

Something that is apparently so immature that it isn't even in Apt.

>generics
This is an actual, real function signature from one of my projects:
public static Function map1(Class icl, Function data)
At some point, I think you need to admit that your strong typing either doesn't work as intended, or you *at least* need typedefs.

mature enough for meta and twatter, mature enough for your fizzbuzz

>boilerplate-free
user, I ...
class Nigger {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello, World!");
}
}

Good morning sirs, please review the AbstractSingletonFactoryBean for good looks asap

the years of suffering this cancer of a language at the job, holy fuck
the NPEs, everything fucking throws
the finally boilerplates just to close a fucking db handle
the stdlib constantly shitting itself in subtle ways, having to switch to apache libs instead
these disgusting startup times when trying to run a program repeatedly in a bash script
sysadmin calls because the service crashed itself? of course i know it's the java, no need to tell

I am astute aspiring HOMOSEXUAL and I have seen FACE OF GOD and Java is pretty fgood?? use it everyt day just needs good ide har moooo mooo ii ii kiii kiiik ii i ik fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkmagewinbggowbngoertnbhehn ssssnake badger haha JAVA!

that's just psvm +
meanwhile
@RestController
class Nigger {
private final NiggerRepo nogs;

Nigger(NiggerRepo nogs);

@GetMapping("/niggers")
List niggers() {
return nogs.findAll();
}
}

Ok, I downloaded it and tried running a simple script with it (one that would take 0.00 seconds and 500 kB RAM in a sane language), and it went from 0.14 seconds and 41 MB RAM use with OpenJGK to 0.47 seconds and 78 MB RAM use with Graal. Great stuff there, really.

>intellij
>right click
>generate getter and setters

>the NPEs, everything fucking throws
As another Java programmer, that's your problem, not the language's.
>the finally boilerplates just to close a fucking db handle
Unless you're still stuck with Java 1.4 or a really poor library or something, that should be a try-with-resource statement and nothing more.
>the stdlib constantly shitting itself in subtle ways, having to switch to apache libs instead
I have yet to see a reason to use an external library, there are "practical" problems with the standard library.

Java has a thousand problems, but yours aren't among them.

Auto-generation of code is an absolute cancer feature of IDEs. If you need a tool to write code for you, you're doing something wrong, and you're ending up with absolutely bloated source code that no human wants to read.

>2 second
Man you'd be lucky. Last time I used it, you were looking 10-15 seconds minimum. Ty Tomcat and spring.

there are no* "practical" problems

Well, for programs of that nature I'd argue startup times don't really matter that much. The problem is when you're trying to use it as a scripting language.

>NPE and exceptions
it's nowhere as bad in c++
>a try-with-resource statement and nothing more.
i'm willing to accept that this may have improved in current java
>I have yet to see a reason to use an external library
sure yeah. pic related, that's one of my favorites

Attached: java exec.png (782x481, 83.32K)

C# chads be like:

public int Age { get; set; }

>it's nowhere as bad in c++
I've no idea what you're doing wrong. I have no more null-problems in Java than I do in C or C++. Rare is the day that I even see an NPE.

>sure yeah. pic related, that's one of my favorites
Why? I execute programs with ProcessBuilder, and I've never had any issues.

@getter
@setter

lol it literally generates the getter and setters as default, the same you woudl have typed. It is a getter and setter, no need to reinvent anything.

Oh yeah, forgot:

@Bean
private int a;

Then you have get/set, at least in spring.

Yes, the problem I was trying to imply isn't so much that I need to manually type out the getters and setters, but that they need to exist to begin with.

frankly if i had to do jvm ever again, i'd beg for the team to go with kotlin instead. it has non-nullable reference types

>just pull in these 5 GB of external dependencies to get core functionality, no big deal, you have a dependency injection framework anyway don't you, how else do you even program?

So does Java, with java.util.Optional. It really sounds like you just haven't used Java since 1.4.

Still better than python. I remember back in school that to do anything in python you would import 10+ libraries.
To me python was just a library importing language.

one can't prevent java code from assigning null to a variable of type String