Gopher vs. Crab

Who would win?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=31848499
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Crab for 90% tasks and Gopher for real-time i/o websocket servers.

Isn't rust being added to linux soon? I remember reading an article about that a few days ago.

>Isn't rust being added to linux soon?
only where it doesn't matter
all the important stuff will still be in C

Go
C and Zig

>C and Zig
what are you babbling about?

Crab.
>Go see "and zig"
What's "and zig" sounds German.

Rust is a nice language for its niche, modern C++ done right, I have nothing against it. Go is a braindead mess of a language made by people who were in coma for the past 40 years. I understand they were trying to make a language as primitive as possible so the Google pajits could start using it immediately, but the result is still unstintingly bad.

Then again, you shouldn't be comparing these languages, they have different niches. Rust is going to replace C and C++, and Go should be compared (very unfavorably) to Kotlin and C#.

>Go should be compared (very unfavorably) to Kotlin and C#
The latter two are better on almost all standards than Go user, except for memory usage and starting time.

Esl

This. I meant Kotlin and modern C# are much better languages than Go, and they aim for the same backend-with-GC niche.

don't listen to other retards that try to bash Go. Go is one of the nicest language I used for a while. At least Go always try to bring something new in language and it's modern except those that built upon other language's ashes

go is fucking garbage and the rob pike copypasta is 100% true. it crosses the line from simple to primitive.

rust is convoluted in comparison but at least it has actual features (i.e. iterators)

I avoided go for so long because of Any Forums, but it's actually really nice. I hate you all. You shill awful garbage and shit on stuff that's actually good.

I never said it wasn't fun? I said it was unpractical for software that goes past the fizzbuzz size. It makes you write more boilerplate than Java an possibly even Rust. It comes with little to no built-in feature so you have to reinvent the wheel constantly.

Horry Fuk!

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=31848499

Attached: 2021-08-17_12-58-49_UTC.jpg (920x1128, 148.66K)

he swallowed the suckless meme whole

Attached: 1625239491448.png (800x1000, 18.52K)

Java faggots allocate everything on the heap

then because everything is on the heap they have to invent godforsaken behemoths like generational garbage collection just to have acceptable performance

meanwhile Go just allocates the short-lived objects on the stack lol, stack pointer pop deallocates everything at once lmao

Java faggots BTFO

Attached: bill-cosby-funny.gif (384x288, 2.69M)

I notice that people who use go actually make shit. new startups and oss and tools and all kinds of neat new things.

People who use rust always talk about how much better it is, but they dont make anything with it. Only thing i can think of is rigrep. I think rust is a lot like haskell, people like it because it makes them seem smart but they dont use the language for anything because its impractical

dubs confirm rust troons are unemployed

>new startups and oss and tools and all kinds of neat new things.
Literally WHO?

rust will be deprecated

docker, kubernetes, all the hadhicorp tools for cloud. also didnt one of the developers of go leave the team and went on to build a successful startup(ben fitzpatrick/tailscale)?

Its a pretty good sign when your language designers go off and actual build shit with the language they made. Tell me, what has graydon hoare made with rust?