Looking for cheaper way to

looking for cheaper way to
rotate a bunch of coordinates(a map/array basically) towards a vector direction.

but maybe no trigs, just some simpler operations that i can easily remember

Attached: images (15).png (345x234, 8.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

math.stackexchange.com/questions/363652/understanding-rotation-matrices
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_matrix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_multiplication
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

math.stackexchange.com/questions/363652/understanding-rotation-matrices

none of this is favored answer so. Idk

any other way to acquire the new rotated coordinates by stuffs like line, circle equation
or scaling, mirroring magnitudes, to movecoordinates to target position?

Sure, but it won't be simpler and will be magnitudes slower than tossing a rotation matrix into an optimized LA library.

how slow? any example? i m just looking for something easier to process for me i guess. the matrix confuses me anyway.

or maybe just looking to know ALL the alternatives to this, you know, learning

I am working on just that to prove you dont need linalg for 3d graphics, only highschool math. will post when i get a wireframe.

uh... what wireframe?
>highschool math
in my highschool i only got the social science, so theres no vector math of sort...

Wireframe means only showing triangle edges, not filling the polygons.
Mine does use sin and cos though, I dont think you can make one without sin and cos functions but you can always approximate them using polynomials for example with taylor series.

The point of the rotation matrix is that you only need the sin and cos once for each angle of rotation. You use them to generate the matrix, and then you can rotate multiple points the same angle just by multiplying with the matrix, which is much faster that calculating trig functions.

FUCK OFF ALREADY
GO TO HIGHSCHOOL
READ A TEXTBOOK
JUST
GO
FUCK OFF
STOP MAKING THESE THREADS YOU FAT FAGGOT FUCK

Oh, cool. Rotation matrix sounds complicated but it is just the stored result of sin() by which to multiply the x y z value that will be added to each point?
What would be that concept called in linear algebra?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_matrix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_multiplication

I already know how matrix multiplication works, but I'll try to figure the rest by myself since I want to peove that it can be done without knowing linear algebra

im not fat. im just 240 kilobytes.

im just looking for cheaper alternative to memorize but then i realize i can barely remember

i know the concepts though

>I want to peove that it can be done without knowing linear algebra
no, you clearly want other people to prove your stupid hypothesis for you and you'll keep reposting it until you do, you lazy shit.
this would benefit absolutely nobody.

i think he should. then i dont need to.

>you dont need linalg
>only highschool math
burgerland truly is fucked

linalg is like junior high tho i dont understand.

lazy shit status directly confirmed

unironically q_sqrt