What is the actual benefit of a smartwatch?

What is the actual benefit of a smartwatch?
I was looking into one for running and tracking that but very few actually work for playing music without a phone in your pocket.
I don't really get what most people buy them for. Like what do you do with data about your sleep or your Vo2 Max or your pulse?
Seems like it would have been cool when I was in highschool and couldn't take my whone out whenever I wanted to but I don't really get the point now.

Just a fashion item that needs daily charging?

I'm probably just missing the point. Or not the market.

Attached: f48530e4-41b7-4c57-818d-54d45221ac25.66313cf6a669f875e8d137d7ac6c7d80.png (1500x1943, 1.02M)

Heart rate is useful for running in target zones but the truth isn't necessarily needed

rest* dunno why it wrote truth

i use it when i run just to keep track of distance
>heart rate target zones
are you implying you "control" your heart rate?

Attached: 0w0.jpg (300x286, 19.97K)

Do yuo have one with storage or a sim for music or do you just not listen to music while you run?

Yes look up zone 2 running

id love to listen to something while i run but i have yet to bother looking on aliexpress for earbuds that would stay on while running. all i have are the apple ear buds which are perfect fit for my ears but wont stay on while running.
i dont really like in ear things but I guess if im going to run with buds that will be the way how.
i wear the xiaomi band 5 so nothing like what you asked. but i carry my phone with me in my pocket and i compare "steps" and distance, one of them is wildly off not sure which one is correct but the phone will register far greater distance than the watch. i think its because on the watch i push start when i begin running and the phone counts everything.
how are you listening to music while running?

Attached: is that p-pantyhose.jpg (750x1000, 150.67K)

will do that.
im still a begginner and very much overweight i been focusing on consistency and running everyday for discipline keeping this up, even though my distances are short (between 2 and 3km). a month ago i could barely run 1k.
i recon after a few months doing this i can start focusing on branching out

Truth is, they are useless.
Simple as that.
t. Smartwatch owner

>are you implying you "control" your heart rate?
Are you implying you're so autistic you cannot run faster or slower?

I have a mi band 3 and i use it to track my runs with gadgetbridge. It's pretty neat but i still wear a normal watch when I'm not running, don't really care about seeing notifications in my wrist. Also i only need to charge the thing every month otherwise i wouldn't have bought it, cant imagine charging an smart watch every single day.

I was gifted a Razer one, it's basically a G-Shock with a scrolling marquee dot matrix screen beneath the digital watch screen. I was meaning to get a bracelet that vibrates because I never feel my phone but this does that and lets me see what app the notification's from as well as reading the beginning of the message. Sort of convenient but I rarely used it because it was incompatible with most of my phones.

Basically no reason desu. I would like the sleep statistics because I struggle with sleep but I don't see how the data will make a tangible difference. At least with the apple watch it seems you can't save spotify songs locally so you'd be carrying your phone on a run anyway. The best metric there is probably distance anyway, but even then I know the distance of my common local routes.
It seems like a meme for people who want to pretend they're using data to improve their lives. Truth is they could and should probably do without.

I use Sony WF1000-XM4s which I thought would be terrible for running because they're huge but the foam tips fit perfectly.
And a phone in an arm band for now.

I had an Amazfit Pace that I bought through a Xiaomi shop. Had like 1gig of storage for music, tracked running and lasted a week between chagres. But the contacts are fucked and it won't charge now.

>Sony WF1000-XM4
jesus christ those are 280 euros
way over my desire to listen to music lol
but theyre in ear like the xiaomi dots and others. i may bite the bullet on the style of them if i want to listen to something but i truly thought you'd just have those fall out of your ear.
cant you just clean the contacts on the amazfit pace?

The sleep statistics were useful to me a couple of times where I was looking at the impact a few beers had on my sleep. Definitely fucked my sleep cycle.
But the watch also gave me an energy rating each day. And when I woke up feeling good but had a low rating, it was confusing. When I woke up feeling shit but had a good rating, I didn't feel any better after seeing that.

I tried alcohol, cotton buds, scraping back the contacts a bit. The charger might have been fucked from me trying to jam them together so many times. Just got worse as time went on.

I bought them because I traveled a lot with the air force and sat in the back of loud planes and wanted noise cancelling in a small package.
I probably wouldn't spend that kind of money just for music.
But I would buy memory foam tips for any other earbuds in future.

Can anyone recommend some good earbuds that work with my Garmin watch? (FR245 Music, although I think all music-capable garmins are the same in this regard).

I'm really worried about buying some expensive shit just to find out they keep falling out when running or that it can't connect to my watch.

I didn't see the point till I got one as a gift, os far used it as
>way to find my phone if lost or slipped somewhere
>secondary alarm clock
>good way to read my email/check message/notification when doing something else
>keep track of how long I walked/biked/etc
>change track/song without digging to get my phone

Also shits are nice for an excuse of "Oh gotta run, see my smart watched dinged and I can't talk to you" when getting out of annoying convos. Seriously don't know how many times I used them as a visual clue to tell people to STFU and get out of some boomer conversation

I'm autistic and like checking my heart rate trends over time. Assessing how stress is impacting HR and BP, how certain supplements affect them etc.. but the autism market is niche. They're mainly for professional athletes.
If you want sleep stats you're better off getting an Oura ring.

It's extremely great for health tracking shit if you're not a stationary american.

Oh this as well >second alarm clock
>a decent calendar to easily view upcoming meetings when you're sleeping in. less effort than your phone.