Quality Metal thread because the last one was filled with posers. No power metal, core-genres, gothic metal...

Quality Metal thread because the last one was filled with posers. No power metal, core-genres, gothic metal, or melodic death metal allowed. Black listed bands include ghost, gwar, avenged sevenfold, and ffdp.

Attached: 7f024ac6e187ac39f2f695e2b8171653.jpg (856x664, 134.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wAeUuKgufDg
youtube.com/watch?v=SIYQT3ORJ1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=blCrNbqitTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I’m Nigerian

negger nigger nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=wAeUuKgufDg

Bump

Attached: a3179496276_10.jpg (1200x1200, 187.16K)

for me, it's Defenders of the Faith.

Attached: 440.jpg (560x547, 48.88K)

Literally kill yourself

Melodeath is real metal though, children of bodom is metal, they aren't like pierce the veil or some gay shit like that

If those genres aren't allowed then take a look at this real metal band

Attached: img-19161.jpg (1001x668, 90.59K)

So hard to choose from their albums when all of them are good

Attached: Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg (300x300, 44.42K)

Attached: R-13561393-1556542089-7296.jpg (599x541, 118.01K)

Children of Bodom is probably the only meldodeath band that can actually play with some remarkable degree of skill, but it is just entirely composed of repackaged ideas from better bands. CoB is probably the pinnacle of the melodeath wasteland.

Whats your gripe with melodeath? Whats your gripe with all those genres?
What do you consider good from any of those genres?

I'm not sure if you can count this as strictly metal but it's a killer fucking album.

Attached: ab67616d0000b2735058bc348ce35fb97ab2be98.jpg (639x640, 197.64K)

Children of Bodoms first song was actually decent (this is the demo and single version, its somewhat different in full album)

youtube.com/watch?v=SIYQT3ORJ1Y

he is the most talented guitarist probably (but he died recently)

Easily the greatest metal band that ever was.

Attached: Soldiers_Under_Command_-_Stryper.jpg (301x300, 27.54K)

I don't have much against any of those genres, except that they all generally suffer from poor quality consistently. The fact that they are all the most accessible genres and are consistently the weakest in terms of skill, originality, and song writing is infinitely unsurprising. (this response excludes core genres which are frequently competent, however they are ultimately not metal). Here is some good power metal which tends to be outstandingly hard to find. youtube.com/watch?v=blCrNbqitTI

always great to enjoy some psychedelic funk nu-metal

Youre saying melodic death metal from its inception til now suffers from consistently poor quality?
Melodic death metal? Melodic death metal requires no skill? Yet metalcore doesn't suffer from unoriginality, skill, or songwriting?
Listen to Manowar Hand of Doom and tell me that solo lacks skill
Arch Enemy Taking Back My Soul for songwriting
As I Lay Dying Darkest Nights for songwriting
If we are talking metalcore when it first began like Converge then yes, highly experimental and original, melodic metalcore from killswitch engage and as i lay dying and onwards, yes, consistently great songwriters but they just chug drop tunings past 2009
Power metal also is melodic so you have to be able to sing. You cant be power metal without actually being a good singer. This isnt pop where you just autotune things

Your points addressed in no particular order:
Arch Enemy is insufferable dogshit. Anyone who thinks they are instrumentally good at playing music is a retard.
Manowar is heavy metal/power metal, and anyone can play it.
Killswitch Engage is great but gay as fuck.
Power Metal almost always has the worst singers imaginable. Hansi Kürsch is a joke.
Pic unrelated

Attached: 220.jpg (400x400, 67.05K)

So what do you consider good metal?
Is it a case of "I am not into this so they must be dogshit"?
I like what I like and listen to it cause I like it
You must have never listened to doomsday machine in its entirety, to say they cant play their instruments and the vocalists cant sing or growl is objectively wrong
Can you play any manowars stuff?
I guess we can agree to disagree mate