If person A ssh into the server of person B, what potential security risks is the person A in ?

If person A ssh into the server of person B, what potential security risks is the person A in ?

Attached: sshhh.jpg (350x350, 10.78K)

We'll not do your homework, OP.

their super secret ip address might be known.

STD-s.

Attached: 1651974898869.jpg (1200x1200, 332.96K)

They run the potential risk of a 'do-over' attack with their credentials, leak of their internet protocol location, and that they may be backtraced.

This is like middle school level of test. You have to be 13 or older to post on this Disney forum

I thought this was a Phillipine bulletin board system.

can you explain more pls ?

Depends on your settings.

Can you fags answer the question for once

Consequences will never be the same.

He could be stabbed by a person of color if he walks around bad part of town. Also, AIDS.

They can find out your IP I guess which isn't too bad

> If you look long enough into the void, the void begins to look back through you.

yes, i can

I thought this was an Indian coffee brewing forum

If you have X-Forwarding enabled the server can take control of your desktop.

There are (were) also a lot of vulnerabilities in terminal programs that allow someone to take over your computer just by printing stuff on your terminal:
- CVE-2019-9535 (iTerm2)
- Some old terminal emulators (rxvt 2.7.8 for one) support escape codes that write the contents of the screen to a file; Combine this with escape codes for clearing the screen and moving the cursor and an attacker who can print something to your screen (e.g. an SSH banner) can basically put any content in any file on your system.

I wouldn't ssh into a computer I didn't trust if I were you.

Sure. If you give people your credentials, they look like you.
Or if someone knows where you are, they can find you.
And if they can find you, then you can be backtraced.
Glad I could help :)

MitM
Spoofed shell making you do things that give up more credentials
Server sends a specific string of crap to your terminal that exploits some zero day that makes your terminal hack you
If your ssh client does not allocate a pty, the server can use TIOCSTI to type on your terminal as if it was a keyboard.

You're welcome op.

It was already answered

>Sure. If you give people your credentials, they look like you.
But that’s not how asymmetric crypto systems work