Why isn't there a soulseek streaming service yet?

>download the app
>set up a share folder
>search a song name Spotify-style
>get it pulled from whoever is sharing it right now
>you can save the needed songs on your phone or listen to it directly while it's being shared
is it really that had to set up?

Attached: soulseek-online-bigblue.png (256x256, 905)

Why would you want that?

Its called newpipe

>What if I sucked down all of the data on P2P networks and never gave back?
whoa.. genius idea

I have my PC on at all times and I'm constantly sharing, with a phone it would be even easier to keep the app running in the background to share what you downloaded.

why cant there be a soulseek like program for video?

You can download videos on soulseek.

funkwhale ?

What kind of stupid idea is this

Nvm it's not a bad idea. It actually already exists it's called youtube.

really really bad quality. 256/320 is pretty indistinguishable from lossless but 128kbps mp3 (youtube) sounds AWFUL after a couple hard drives or on a nice setup

good idea, the problem is if it was good enough it would clog up the network with zoomies who want to stream but don't have their own libraries to share in return. half the reason SLSK is so good is because it stays under the radar

its open source buddy

If you want it so bad why dont you make it? Soulseek is open source

If you can't hear past 15-15 khz what's the goddamn point

>128kbps mp3 (youtube)
youtube provides opus at the same bitrate, basically 320kbps mp3

Or:
> spin up a vm
> run slskd and navidrome on it. Or subsonic. Or jellyfin. Or mpd
> allow it access to your Any Forums collection (obviously only Any Forums uses slsk anymore rest if us torrents)
> run vpn on your vps to allow access from 4g networks
> install a music client on your phone
> ???
> you have self hosted non botnet spotify. Caveat is you have to wait 5 minutes for an album to download.
Use libre.fm if you want recommendations and 3x3s without the last.fm botnet

> obviously only Any Forums uses slsk anymore rest if us torrents
Okay, a serious question here: why would I come back to torrenting music if Soulseek is way more comfortable to use and share music on?

Just how retarded do you need to be to listen to music on youtube of all places in 2022

Would be easy to setup if a lot of soulseek uploaders weren't insufferable faggots.

Not that user but I unironically have retards I work with constantly complain about the ever longer ads between songs they listen to on YT. These retards end up listening to 10 minute ads after every song because they're too dumb to download music.

Soulseek doesn't have everything

post one thing your streamshit platforms have that soulseek doesn't