What was school like growing up in the 80s or 90s?

What was school like growing up in the 80s or 90s?
Like some gritty new york stuff

Attached: 1647492752330.jpg (600x860, 115.07K)

What do you want to know about how the teachers used to be able to hit the kids with those oversized rulers and shit?

Nah, just want to know what anons experience was going through highschool/middle school in those decades.
A long forgotten era of life pre internet and pre smartphones

School back then was just like it is now. Except not gay as fuck.

Nah, it was similar to now, but with less grooming and racial indoctrination.

Fights in the hallway, fights in the cafeteria, boring classes. Only class I liked was gym/physical education because I liked to be physical and be outside

20 cunts smoking in a filthy toilet, Weed everywhere, fights and rampant bullying, teachers still same but they actually had to communicate. You had books for every subject.

Honestly probably not that different from today going back to the 50s.

It was fun. Cell phones werent a thing until highschool. Some people had pagers back then. No social media which was pretty great.

Kids could be mean, there was no zero tolerance policy, more boys will be boys bullshit.

I had a good time though all things considered

Who were the kids getting beat up?

Just your general misanthropes. I was one of em. It sucked at the time for a while but I'm better and more self efficient these days.

Doesn't hurt I do better than most career wise these days.

pre-desert storm 9/11

Damn, so people who hate people and dont like to talk were getting beat up? I thought it was the nerds and gays

I was and still am pretty nerdy.

Frankly I just wanted to be left alone.

Highschool was fun, made tons of weirdos that I'm still friends with almost 20 years later.

Kids are just kids, if they see abuse at home or bad parental role models, they are likely to behave in such a manner.

i went to grade school/middle school through the 90's and highschool in the early 00's. what's the question?

can you read?

What was that like? The whole pre internet pre smartphone era

>what was school like in the 90's?

it was fuckin school. anything more specific genius?

I was in school in the 90s in Florida. There were some woods across the street from my grandparents' house that me and my friend group would hang out in. I wouldn't call it a treehouse really, but we nailed some wood planks to a tree and mostly sat in it and talked in between riding our bikes over dirt ramps etc.

School itself was far less political than it is now. People did get bullied and called a fag a lot etc so it wasn't perfect, but at least it usually ended when you went home - there was no social media tied to your identity unless you wanted it to be. Like we all had livejournals but at least with my friends we only exposed it to ourselves and online friends, not with other kids at school we didn't like.

Did you ever beat any gays up?
That sounds so sick

in gradeschool/middle school it was pretty cash, my childhood was very typical of being raised by tail end boomer/early gen x. we went outside all day even in the winter, had to call each other and plan shit from a house phone. no social media, no cell phones. if you called someone and told them to meet you at a specific time and they didn't show up, you just assumed they ditched you.

in 8th grade 9/11 happened and that changed everything. we went from general prosperity and positivity and creativity from the 90's into full swing of 2 wars. the nationalism was 10x worse than it is today, every thing that is shitty about america today, was a direct result of the fear mongering of the administration at the time. we had daily threat levels.

it's odd to think back and compare life before and after 9/11. good pc's and internet were becoming cheaper, so everyone was connecting through early social media. xanga and blogspot being the first ones i can remember, later came myspace. we had a local punk scene that i helped start, we still handed out flyers and charged $5 a show.

it was fun, and also shit. it was different than what you experience today, schools were ran differently. i remember when i got into hs, the zero tolerance policies started showing up. i'm actually glad that's really all we had to deal with. we were in the transition from paper attendance to digital by my junior year, and even then the digital attendance sucked ass so we still skipped all the time.

I was an elementary school bully in the 90s. I'd pick on kids with insecurities they thought no one knew about.