What happened to WoW addicts from the mid to late 2000s? Where are they now...

What happened to WoW addicts from the mid to late 2000s? Where are they now? I started in 2006 and it was my entire life for 8 years. Still trying to catch up but I'm so far behind and I have mental issues that drew me to it in the first place to contend with. I really wonder what happened to everyone else.

Attached: 1646956213191.jpg (1534x2048, 253.19K)

OP here, forgot to post my age. I'm turning 29 in a few months.

What mental issues? Are you trying to catch up on WoW or life?

>I'm turning 29 in a few months.

Attached: FAGCHU.gif (600x338, 1.94M)

Zyzz used to be one and refunded subscription for fitness.
Saberspark used to be one as well and after failing in college, he quit.

Real life. I got perma banned doing stupid shit in 2014. Life has improved dramatically since I lost everything that mattered to me (at the time).

I have generalized anxiety disorder. I rarely leave my house and have never had a gf in my life because they scared me (or something) back in school and I just never developed from then on.

The only one I knew became a short order cook. How did it affect you, OP?

I quit, became a wrestler and got my head bashed in with weedwackers, barbed wire, cheese graters and pizza cutters just to feel anything.

>What happened to WoW addicts from the mid to late 2000s?
Depends
Most of them grew up and moved on since most WoW players were in their late teens to early 20s
The turbovirgins stuck around and are what make up whats left of the games dwindling playerbase (iirc about 4 million players now last I checked). You wont find these guys regularly posting on anything other than WoW messageboards, hence why the game is effectively dead.

Ive never played WoW

Not a wow fag but i was a neet for awhile so i feel you op. Ive held a steady job since 2018 but im basically a hermit who only exist to work, play vidya and waste my mpney on autistic crap to feel less empty.
>I actually made allot of friends my first year but by 2020 they all had left me alone after random moments of me revealing my trueself

Attached: 73322480_2452071234876241_6930588691748356096_n.jpg (460x729, 63.04K)

Yeah, I am at University. I dislike it, its so boring. I could not get a job with my sub degree and had to get a real one. I have dissociative disorder and worry it may be degenerative. I dont want to get worse as I grow older. I am just studying doing souless shit to get a job I may feel is not souless.

If you were a teenager/young adult in the mid 2000s it was the shit. WoW, CS:Source, Halo, Newgrounds, 2000s before 2008 was a great time to be alive, all that culture thats dead now. Don't bother with WoW nowadays, its not the same game/time

>What happened to WoW addicts from the mid to late 2000s?
I died

renting a room from me and still missing rent despite a million jobs available and the rent being $300 under market.

Fuck you. You ruined the thread.

I bought the game back in 2006 when it contained 4/5 cds to install. I played almost everyday until around 2018 or at the end of legion. I didn't play BFA it looked shit, so I played private servers wowfreakz & wowcircle amongst other privates. I bought SL on release it looked cool, I still play now. All my chars are around 240ilvl, I don't raid I'm just a casual that does LFR and other daily shit.
I only really bought SL because it was during lockdown & I just quit my job so thought fuck it play some retail again.
New expansion is being announced in April so I'll most likely play wow until the game closes all its servers

I can't believe somebody actually played a game daily for 12 years. What the fuck?

How has this affected you? Do you have a partner, a job? Have you developed normally for your age group?

I will only play WoW again if they ever decide to make it a single player game. I'm too old for online shit. There is the "single player project" but it's really just a private server with a bunch of scripts to help you configure shit.

We're all playing other games now because the game has been trash for a while. Sounds like it would've been fun as hell to work there though, but all the devs have been having too much fun to make a halfway decent expansion for years.

I wasted a few years during WotLK.
I was sitting there, having progression raided 4 hours a night every weekday in a top guild, manipulating the auction house with random naked level 1 Chinese characters, and came to the realization.
I'm spending time I can't get back, tangible numbers that truly matter to make virtual numbers go up.
After that psychotic break, I quit and haven't touched another MMO since.

Attached: 1322796122001.jpg (500x500, 15.91K)

Despite the best efforts of gods, men, and the universe, I yet live. It's true there's way more good games though everywhere, so some nights I just play Nintendo instead, especially because WoW can't seem to do anything about the catastrophic rise of greifers... which is what I really think scared most the cool people away, despite them claiming bland stupid shit like "pressing real-life issues."

I never understood the WoW addiction. It's a fun MMO if you enjoy grinding and just standing around Orgrammar chatting with randos and watching people go from place to place. Blizzard was always good at knowing how to build worlds you want to live in. But for 15 bucks a month it just wasn't worth it. And by the time it went free to play I already stopped caring. My addiction is TF2 where I've put about 8k hours into it since I got it for PC back in like 2010.

I want to play WoW from early to late, when I get the chance in my time machine and Flyff.

Attached: Screenshot_20220316-155656_Firefox.jpg (1080x1209, 208.68K)

I used to play TF2 so much until Jungle Inferno, I think I have close to 1500 hours on spy

I did split up with my gf while I was raiding & grinding black temple, lost my daughter in the process. I've had and gave up on many other girlfriends, I was still working up until lockdown. But all I did after work was drink lager, watch twitch and play wow so now I'm a neet for the past year, almost 40 so I'm too old to be having kids and all the women my age are either retarded, damaged goods or have children.
Sometimes it gets lonely & depressing but having a gf & a job leaves no time for myself. So fuck it, play games and get drunk.
But think about it, I could be born in Africa or some shit Indian country working all day for pennies to feed myself. I'm fortunate enough to be in the first world country where being a neet isn't actually too bad.

It's not free to play though, if you can grind 250k gold every month to spend on your sub, I guess you can call it free to play then, but doing that just to pay for your sub sounds worse than the current state of the game. It's pay to win on top of requiring a monthly sub and AAA game pricing for every expansion.

Its definately not the same game since Valve effectively killed community servers by moving the server browser into a submenu in order to get people to use the official matchmaking instead. And official servers are now riddled with sniper bots. The game is effectively dead

>I got perma banned doing stupid shit in 2014.

tell us faggot

Never played any WoW but lost a friend from school to it. Funnily enough, he's the one havin kids now while I don't.

What I really do miss is spending time with my brothers in front of our SNES playing Donkey Fuckin Country or Super Fuckin Mario Kart together. It's just more fun to see your player two reaction right next to yourself instead of hearing some random people over the internet... oh well...

I mean it can be single player, you don't have to make friends or really play with other people. Join a pug group here n there for 20 minutes in dungeons to get gear then leave, although you can gear up without doing dungeons, just doing daily quests these days gives decent enough gear. Blizz have worked a lot creating an environment for casual players that want gear & see end content without the hassle of joining guilds etc
Wowfreakz is running BFA private server, it doesn't cost anything just install and play. You could play there for a few hours to see if you wanted to play retail again without spending money on subscriptions