Oldfag who makes over 1m/yr in the tech industry...

Oldfag who makes over 1m/yr in the tech industry. Happy to answer any q's for those looking to get into the industry or tips for advancing if you already are. AMA

Attached: 1616366266585.jpg (500x375, 32.74K)

show butt

it's old tho. I just said so in the title

How can I stop being poor? I'm a landscaper, I save every spare dollar I make. I quit drinking, smoking, and eating junk food. I still have no idea how to break away from California minimum wage and get a real job using my brain.

Good work so far user. Seems like you work hard which is a good foundations to have. Of these three areas which do you think you excel in most?
Art/creativity
Mathematics/puzzles
Social engagements/organization

Can you buy me a game?

Also, do you have your own company?

No and no. Will eventually go off on my own, but there's less risk / easy money to be made around series B unicorns.

If you can't afford to buy a game to someone, I may have some doubts about the veracity of your claims. However, you didn't specify the currency of your earnings, so you might be making 1m/yr in Russian rubles. To which I would have to question the reasoning behind you making this thread, since making such an average amount doesn't give you any kind of authority to "give advice".

mmm yes i also enjoy leveraging microservices as value adds to mission-critical mainframes. it's helping me achieve maximum mindshare in the ecommerce and content aggregation verticals.

fuck off retard.

Thanks for reply, I'm trying to get my act together but I'm already middle aged and failing hard. I was a NEET for most of my life. My creativity died, I suck at math, and I'm antisocial and anxious. Most of my friends- which I've cut ties with- were either potheads, drunks, or gamers with no ambition. Not even sure where to begin reconnecting with people.

Rich people save every penny. My boss is a millionaire (only small time local business owner) but he literally scraps junk to reuse in job sites and buys all his shit as cheap as humanly possible.

best side project for a software development resume?

No they don't. Your boss is nothing but anecdotal evidence.

Should I get CS degre or learn on udemy

>Not even sure where to begin reconnecting with people.
Have you considered starting with masturbation?

Attached: justjackinit.png (1275x150, 126.75K)

>newfag LARPing
ftfy

There are a thousand luxury brands you and your hick boss have never heard of. They're being kept in business by someone, and it's not some white trash millionaire contractor.

Can I have your job?

Am also a dev. Companies don't seem to offer annual raises that even keep up with inflation, but will offer 20% more than a dev's previous or current salary to take them on as a new hire. Is switching companies regularly just part of growing your salary as a dev?

Honestly then I'd start with the basics. Hit the gym. Do group classes. Community college. You need to find your spark first. You'll get there user.

Anything that you're passionate about. I want to see passion and product thinking when I'm interviewing. What's the target market for it? How did you adapt based on user feedback?

Either, but you have to stick with it. Code every day if you're learning to code.

Yep. Switch til you make it. Otherwise you'll stagnate. Even if you find something good, you need to position yourself under a leader with high growth as well. If you don't, then leave after 2 years.

This. I can't tell you how many rich people I have met that carry fuck tons of coupons. It's fucking nuts.

Attached: 1441827321953.jpg (500x375, 48.17K)

If OP isn't a larp, he's rich because he's making fucking a million a year, that's over 20 times more than most Americans.
The narrative that whats keeping average people from becoming rich is their spending habits is complete bullshit.

How far does your stomach hang over your choad?