Does being on salary basically make you a slave/on call employee...

Does being on salary basically make you a slave/on call employee? I was hired to work 9-6 M-F and told I'd occasionally work a little past 6, but I find it's becoming a constant thing and often extends well past 7 (which would be reasonable if only occasional). Should I say something? I'm getting sick of this shit

Attached: ZHnhY62n_400x400.jpg (400x400, 33.75K)

Salary is an excuse to get you to work more than 40 hours a week. Literally just got out of a position like this.
>tell them how much you wanna make
If they don't like it find the next opening in the same field. Ez

>Does being on salary basically make you a slave/on call employee?

YES

>salary

Fuck that. Anything more than 8 hours/day and I get dat sweet OT. Phone call after hours is 1 hour OT. If I have to go in its minimum 3 hours + meals.

They are in the phase where your bosses see how hard they can ride you. So far the answer is 'we can work him as much as we want and he doesn't say anything" The secret is to politely but firmly grow a spine and say you 'have to be home at X time". Even some white lie BS like "I watch my niece from 7 to 9 every weeknight. Sorry" or "I'm taking night classes every evening at 7"

you didn't negotiate your salary, did you? I was told that i was going to work 45 or so h a week, I found a pay that i felt was good for that, then what i actually negotiated for was 50-55 at that rate because I knew, just as you are FINDING OUT, you always work more than they say. So i get a 50 hr week pay, but sometimes only work 40, maybe less during between deadlines.

Negotiate UP, kids.

fuck off wage slave, you get what you get and like it.

Attached: 1645607392970.jpg (919x888, 69.7K)

>let me tell you how to get fired.

This user knows what's up. I have had multiple jobs try to push my limits and get me to stay after my designated hourly shift. Fuck. That. Shit. They don't know you, make up something, tell them your availability has changed, but you can still come in at the agreed upon hours. Don't let your bosses fuck you in the ass. Especially don't take shit from those bosses if they are the ones that get to leave on time.

Being fired is the fastest way to get a new job user. Ends > Means

I'll never understand why American workers just take this shit

It does make you like a slave.
But so does not being on a salary.
At least with salary you have some security with income.

Telling your boss you have other matters to deal with outside of work will not get you fired, user. What if OP was asked to work 5 extra hours every day, you think saying 'no' would just get him fired on the spot? I think not, don't be a pussy

clear communication avoids this. what you are hearing is biased experiences from retards who don't know how to communicate like adults and then are to stupid to understand why things dont work out, then blame everyone else.

this is a perfect example of what I'm expecting above. you cant make excuses AFTER you get the job. either, like OP you didn't understand the terms of the job, what you are getting into. and then you will have a history of employment that will speak for itself, you are a shitty adult.

Attached: 834727122.jpg (2000x3008, 885.52K)

tALK TO THE BOSS ABOUT A RAISE if this is no a regular thing.

no one is to valuable to be replaced, if that is the case, the company is in trouble anyway.

if you are making excuses, you fucked up somewhere in communication.

Note that managers or supervisors are typically expected to work longer hours in most organizations. And their pay is typically 25% or more higher than those they supervise.

The point is, OP had a set schedule, and did fuck up agreeing that he could 'occasionally' stay past that set schedule, which is now becoming more of a 'constant'. This is unacceptable management behavior, he knows it, and they sure as fuck know it. If he takes the steps to voice his concerns, it will not get him fired. Employers don't want to have to go through the process of trying to find someone else to do the job if he already does it well. I have been in this situation several times, every time I have told my boss I will no longer be available to work after hours, they back off and drop it. I think you are not taking into account that people in management are not used to confrontation, and they do not want to go through the process of training someone new just because an employee doesn't like working past his shift.

i wish i worked at somewhere that wasn't important and didn't have deadlines.

>because I knew, just as you are FINDING OUT, you always work more than they say
Lmao imagine having to negotiate for better pay because working longer than you agreed is something you'll just roll over and accept.

you pick your future.

There is pros and cons to everything.

My guess is you are a fuckin' whiner about the downsides. If you were your own boss you'd cry your eyes out about all the hard work and the disappointmens.
The people who settle into fast food chain jobs and cry that they are poor as fuck are the dumbmbest of them all

To add OP, management always presses people to see what they are willing to take, as mentioned in a prior post. They will continue to press you, and make you their bitch if you do not have the ability to stand up for yourself. Don't let people treat you unjustly, take a little pride in yourself and the work you do, and don't let people fuck you in the ass in the name of a buck.

Sounds like a 'you' problem, we're talking about OP. Add something constructive, or fuck off.