Why aren't you using an aluminum mousepad, Any Forums?

why aren't you using an aluminum mousepad, Any Forums?

Attached: best-aluminum-mouse-pad.jpg (1920x1280, 172.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

skypad-gaming.com/collections/glass-mousepad
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never knew they were a thing. Why should I bother when my old mousepad just werks?

Because I use frosted glass, which doesn't require a coat of paint to work with optical mice.
I ordered my piece of glass from a glazier in standard mouse-pad dimensions, I don't think this is in anyways mainstream and otherwise readily commercially available.
Frosted glass comes in different grades of smoothness, you'd want one of the smoother ones, of course.
Advantages are it virtually doesn't degrade and, like an aluminum pad, is very rigid, meaning the increase in surface friction when holding down a button is also minimal.

At that point why don't I just mouse directly on my table? The whole reason I use a mousepad is the cloth texture improves the feel of moving the mouse and improves my accuracy.

>frosted glass
this also works

>At that point why don't I just mouse directly on my table?
degrades the table, degrades the mouse with harsher surfaces
aluminum is smooth, incredibly responsive, easy to clean, very durable

Interesting. Looks like the prices aren't outrageous either. I may buy one then. Got any suggestions or things to watch out for?

>Got any suggestions or things to watch out for?
get it from a reputable brand, watch out for shit made in china, watch out for fake Chinese bot reviews, make sure its real aluminum
I got mine from Elago and its top notch

I prefer glass mousepads

Attached: file.png (1600x1280, 2.59M)

I don't use a mousepad

I do.
Seems like they don't make them anymore though.

Attached: MM600.png (728x532, 255.61K)

What are reputable brands? The only name I recognize here is Razer and they're hit-and-miss. And it's all made in China.
Yeah I do see an Elago one though I've never heard the name before.

I had one of those years ago, but now I have one of those "gaming mat" pads the keyboard rests on as well.

Huh, using frosted glass has actually caught up?

is there any issue with fps games?

why not. elegant, just works, easy to clean, doesn't degrade.

Nope, I primarily bought it to use it with gos games. Haven’t found a mouse that has issues on it yet.

appreciated!

Yeah, exactly. Am , bought my glass 2015, I don't recall seeing any such product available at the time, which I think is why I went to a glazier. Or maybe because I needed custom dimensions, idk anymore.

You'll never go back to using anything else once you've taken the frosted glass pill, fren.

Attached: 1625895566643.jpg (657x527, 33.23K)

I'm not using a mousepad at all.
My unironic ball mouse works perfectly fine for daily operation.

skypad with customised pic

Attached: IMG_0882.jpg (2592x1728, 1.91M)

So I did some research, they're still quite rare and a niche product, but are considered an eSports-grade accessory. Chances that your run-off-the-mill retailer has something like this are still quite low, but it's not as unheard of as in 2015.

skypad-gaming.com/collections/glass-mousepad