8 GB ram is enough

Attached: 8 GB RAM.jpg (500x500, 32.55K)

mabi

sure, if it's two 4gb dimms

16 GB is the minimum for basic web browsing in the current year

Any Forums is the only web browsing experience you need

ACKCHYUALLY it's completely possible to get by on as little as just 1GB of physical RAM depending how good your SSD is. That's because your OS will automatically use your storage medium as "RAM" when you run low on physical RAM. The downside is this can obliterate the TBW on low capacity SSDs in as little as 1-2 years (see 8gb/256gb aplol m1 iphone macs). Additionally the speeds advertised on SSDs only apply when the SLC cache is being used, once you run out of that performance plummets. Higher capacity drives RAID more NAND chips together to limit how much performance plummets.

Attached: SSD_cap_matters.png (1408x570, 54.32K)

not really
t. 8gb-cel

Why do you faggots waste so much time trying to justify your ancient shitty computers?

I have 8 GB and it is not, planning to get 32GB

because shitty ancient computers are more than enough for shit like writing a document, watch a videos or browse the internet. but somehow they don't. is like the OS waste resources on shit they dont need.

You can suck one dick and afford 32gb ram to protect you from the upcoming recession.

Attached: 1655090174429.png (456x549, 129.38K)

Should be enough*

I disagree, but respect your opinion.

Enough for what you cunt????!!!

nah, your browser only takes that much of RAM because it can afford caching everything it can

even for games it is, you just won't be able to keep a dozen of programs in the background without hitting pagefile

any amount of ram is enough ram if its enough, dont let any one tell you other wise

even my old stinkpad has 16GB

Attached: file.png (796x558, 53.91K)

I play triple A titles on 8 gigs without it ever being an issue. So confused about why this '16 gigs is minimum' meme exists.

You should check on your SSD's TBW especially if less than 1TB. There's no such thing as free lunch.

4u

Laptops with 16GB RAM are way too overpriced baka

No idea what a tbw is and I use a hard drive.

You can technically get away with 8GB if you have an SSD
Swapping will still feel stuttery and sluggish, but that's not as much an issue by closing down all other programs and bloated game launchers

>I play triple A titles on 8 gigs without it ever being an issue
>doesn't realize his cache is about 20GB

wtf, did you OC your hard drive to 9001 RPM or something?

Swap is disabled because it's slow.

See above

No, what does that have to do with anything? It's 5200, just a shitty one. I could care less about autistic boot times, I just suspend my computer at the end of the night.

>I could care less
So you do actually care somewhat?

>triple A titles
>swap
larp detected

>Get 8 gig model
>Buy more ram
???
>Have 32gb for the price niggers would charge for 16

I don't know what this means. I dualboot and disable swap in Ubuntu (I have to use it for work). In windows it just uses my ram.

>in windows it just uses my ram
>disabling swap in Ubuntu disables Virtual Memory in Windows
user...

When did I say that? Virtual memory is not handled by a totally different OS you retard. Clearly I'm implying that I did it in both, I just said swap because the previous user said swap.

>Virtual memory is not handled by a totally different OS you retard
That's what *I* was saying, moron. If you've disabled Virtual Memory in Windows then you are larping about playing triple A games with only 8GB RAM, unless said games are at least five years old.

I have a 4gb ram Mac mini from 2012 and it works perfectly fine for its intended use case; web browsing, emails, invoicing, occasional video watching if I can't be bothered switching the kvm. It's just that that Mac mini is decluttered well enough that I'm not tempted into wasting more time than needed. Can just do some quick email checking in the morning before my workout or whatever else I have on.
I would honestly say that 12gb is the minimum for gayming systems, obviously depending which games you play. I've got 32gb in my primary computer though, which is complete overkill for what I play.