How else can you make object rotate around the center of the orbit than trigs?

how else can you make object rotate around the center of the orbit than trigs?

Attached: UniformCircularMotion.gif (288x288, 7.31K)

By solving for the set of solutions of x^2+y^2=r^2. Bresenham's circle algorithm does this in a quanitzed/integer way without using multiplication and division.

multiply by rotation matrix many times

The formula is literally the pythagorean theorem, so probably not. Also I am unsure what you mean by "trigs". If you mean trigonometric functions, well sin/cos/tan aren't used to define the circle, the pythagorean theorem is.
This is still the pythagorean theorem and it forms a right triangle. I don't know of any analytical definitions of a circle that don't involve triangles. Even if we take the intuitive definition of a circle, the set of all points r away from the origin, how do we get that analytically?

Analytically as in calculus or Cartesian geometry? I'm not that skilled in math but the Bresenham Circle Algorithm can quantize a circle using discrete math and that should be good enough for any application. I would simply use trigonometry or linear algebra though (if I knew linear algebra).

Use a lookup table.

Attached: 997b08a8d833988619ef9e6cea4233d0.jpg (563x1000, 60.77K)

Oh maybe OP meant in terms of representing a circle on a computer without trigonometric functions, I thought he meant mathematically. Anyway the way OP worded it was bad.

Simulate gravity, make a light object orbit a massive one, and plot its path.

god fuck off already, you're never going to make it, you keep making faggoty shit threads for weeks now because you refuse to learn

click on the blue circle and move it with the mouse

linear algebra needs trig too, theres no way else.

Yeah i dont like trigs and someone said any fucking thing is possible. Guess that was bullshit, and you have less a brain than everyone here.

Attach blue to red and rotate red circle.

like, parent?

Oh, it's the retard that can't do high school math again

You keep coming hereā€¦ i admire your persistence but you are NGMI

what exactly is throwing you off with Trig OP? I don't know many intermediate - if we can even call it that - subjects that can't be overcome through enough exposure. is it somewhere in the conceptualization stage of what sin/cos/tan is; or path-theorem that you're having an issue with; or some issue with 'memorizing' the unit circle (not that its all that necessary)? because rather than spam the same thread, you're prolly better off asking us what issue it is you have with trig, so it can possibly be answered in a matter that can consolidate your understanding on the subject, rather than trying to run away from it.

oh its the schizo who needed meds

We're still not doing your homework for you, dumb nigger.

and you keep crying. i admire uh... whatever you are.
hmm, good idea. i just hate typing it on the scripts. i dont have it all memorized in my head, and i am not naturally trained in coding myself. The entire thing looks like its gonna explode, and im kinda short on time to... practice about. Something like that.

and no one is asking you to faggot.

Just move pivot to other coordinates and use rotation

yeah the problem is rotation, which uses trigs.

Yeah (You)

a 2d orbit can be implemented with a symplectic integrator

Its just 0-360 value