I know it's not "free market" but should the government nationalize oil and control prices...

I know it's not "free market" but should the government nationalize oil and control prices? It's clear the market is bad for people.

Attached: BERNED.jpg (1074x930, 170.38K)

there's no one more full of shit than Bernie Sanders. he and his wife literally bankrupted a small university in Vermont due to them stealing tuition money. wife is still under investigation for like 13 potential counts of felony bank fraud. this cocksucker never even had employment until he was in his mid 40s. I hate all politicians but I especially hate this nasally fucking kike con artist.

You sound big mad. Well he was right on this one so sorry it triggered you, but none the less it's clear the free market is bad for the economy regarding energy.

Attached: 8ea611453773a63a2ad71a11239525f96eb0a7e3d5e17216ee272356e271613e_1.jpg (700x692, 63.49K)

he's a con artist. con artists generally are intelligent and often right about things. then you remember they are fucking con artists. Bernie Sanders is the 1%. get a grip son

his job list is longer than yours, and his work can be measured by more than just participation trophies. hard L

no it literally isn't.

So what he said is true?

You know this means record profits for the oil companies? Nobody gives a shit about your wage cuck ass not being able to live.

Implying a government can effectrively know all the variable in what it takes to run an oil company.

Governments are good at two things, taking your money and wasting it.

>government takes over petroleum production
>price remains the same
HEH SORRY GOYIM WE GOTTA CONVINCE YOU TO BUY AN ELECTRIC CAR WITH A TWENTY MILE RANGE SOMEHOW

aww I'm sorry little baby did someone insults your hero
dude presented examples and you came back with crying

Gas prices are up because of it, not because of inflation or a war..

>should the government nationalize oil and control prices
no
>It's clear the market is bad for people
it'll correct itself

At least the money could be spent on something other than a millionaires new house in aspen

what electric care has a 20-mile range? the tesla is like 300+
lowest i could find was the polestar 2 and it has 300+ as well

Shy don't you make millions of dollars and spend it on those things then.

Shy don't you not be a cuck?

author
director
carpenter
teacher
psychiatric aide
mayor
house of reps
senate

I'm pretty sure he did some of that before he turned 40. Buck up sport, you'll win someday and it'll feel really good :)

No.

Anyone who has a grasp of Microeconomics would tell you this is a bad idea. The Free Market determines the price of oil for a reason: Government floors/ceilings on commodity prices will almost always result in a shortage/surplus of goods.

Maybe if we were able to construct a massive Big Data AI which could function as a central planner for a planned economy, but with enough computing power and information to effectively function as something superior to the free market, in the future, but for now, the free market is the best we've got.

Attached: 1640885649432.jpg (1300x600, 300.52K)

nope, no argument, just a "what bout this other thing"
nope, no argument, just a "i'll call him a name"
seems like you have made no logical rebuttals and are hoping nobody notices because of your spicy anger, huh?
I noticed.
you have no logical rebuttals, homo. try again
>let's see if he actually rebuts the idea or (more likely) tries even harder to namecall and kvetch like a good little autist.

Nationalize oil? Yes, like the Alaska model. Set prices? Absolutely not.

You know how consumers buy less when price goes up? Well it's like that with supply when price goes down.

The energy economy tends to become more efficient over time, approaching optimal minus profit-taking and various expenses. That is to say, the average fuel price in your area will be fair no matter what.

Now you get to futures contracts and how you want these things when you need steady supply. Well what happens when the supply becomes constrained an uncertain? The price goes way up! The spot price of oil sets the tone for basic gasoline prices.

The rub comes in the spread, and that's a local dynamic in how gas stations price their fuel. It's a balance of fuel arbitrage to maximize profit, customers will only pay so much extra for their gas.

There is one station in my city that is .75 over average, but they don't care because they are in the central square and get loads of foot trafiic. They don't have to compete. Same thing all over, now you balance efficiency of fuel station economies with profitability. Some new guy moving in can overturn the apple cart of profitability, you see.

If you let the gas stations set their own prices the systemic effect is that prices achieve a local minima with respect to profitability. Gas stations want to maximize profit, so they must set their prices as efficiently as possible. And how do they do that? By the actions of their customers.

People should be using less gasoline anyway.

It's clear you're a retard

Our government failed at running a whorehouse

When?

Uh, the profits are pretty out of whack. Transport isn't like buying candy and America is suffering for this greed.

this grifter is still alive? people still pay attention to it? a fool really is born every minute.

and gas was under $2 a gallon for most of us under Trump.

Tell Exxon to fix their shit then.

Don't get mired down compartmentalizing this stuff, it's a system-wide failure point of maximizing capitalist welfare and removing risk. Greed isn't the problem, it's the inefficiency brought on by capitalism eliminating competition.