90s music's bleak message for future comes true

90s music's bleak message for future comes true

I wonder how bands like System of A Down, Rage Against The Machine, The Offspring, and their kin feel 20 years later knowing all their sad angry songs about the failing of society and the boot of big government eventually became more and more real. Nobody listened to their words, nobody actually cared, people scream lyrics of revolution, justice, and reform, but none of it mattered.

Pic related: rear of system of downs first album

Attached: tRCgPb8B5FBBde1dixPY8GmE6n3xb621vsczHF6nr1W.jpg (3024x2040, 1.27M)

what did you do user.

>nobody actually cared,
I mean idk if I'd say that. Most of us felt/feel powerless to do anything. What are we supposed to do? Take out one politician, another one pops up and now you're in jail and the public thinks you're a terrorist or dead.
We've let them split us left and right so we fight each other

The problem is the education, western education system is obsolet, also broken homes with shitty parents and western society mold. Nobody is free, money control us, power and corruption. People without souls follows dictators. Hungry for taking earth resources. We are doomed. We were warned by old civilizations. War war never changes

This will always be the biggest problem. We are powerless as the only power a people have is in their numbers but the number of people that aren't brainless herdlikes will always be the severe minority

great post and pic user.

Yeah and as soon as some kind of organizing starts, infighting starts.
I wish we could just agree to put all of our little bullshit aside to fight the common enemy.

That is nothing but a edgehomo display of thoughtless platitudes. If you think otherwise, you are dumb.

I didn't care back then, it felt like they were just trying to be edgy because the 'fuck society' and 'anti authority' types were just edgelords or wannabes.
Now that the US is actually a surveillance state and corporations and government are all the same and people get cancelled and deplatformed for ridiculous shit kinda like in authoritarian regimes we heard about... the same people warning about it 20 years ago are either silent or actually cheering it on.

>rage against the machine
>not a bunch of statist cucks

Lmfao. Go get your booster and we will allow you access to our show screaming about how rules are stupid. Fuck off.

yeah that's the sad part.

I can't say anything about SOAD or Offspring, but I know the guys from Rage Against the Machine are happy. Everyone's an authoritarian when their side is in control

It started before that with Rush.

Neal Peart was a prophet.

People don't like Rush anymore because Ayn Rand triggers them

For they passed a noble law...all trees are now kept equal with hatchet, axe, and saw.

>We've let them split us left and right so we fight each other
this^^ it's what the rich have always done to the poor, divide and conquer
while poor folks are busy fighting amongst themselves, the rich can get away with whatever they like
'twas ever thus, sadly

;_;

Attached: Screenshot_20201102-220900.png (760x964, 695.45K)

>Everyone's an authoritarian when their side is in control
This is the tone i get when re-listening to SoaD, 10 years later. It just seems like the same wishy washy new age bullshit - decry the system, claim peace and harmony with nature all the while not realising thier attitudes and/or parantal methods are founded in the same principles of power and control. To these people freedom seems to mean 'from consequence'.

I don't know if i've become a cynic or simply justify my apathy with 'it's all the same, even if it's different' attitude.
I listen to a lot of alt progressive rock like God Speed, and non-lyrical electronic stuff these days.

Attached: Dog eyes.jpg (565x550, 58.25K)

They're the ones now telling you to ''take the jab, lick the boots, worship big government'',

Well, Rage played Cochella, so I don't they they care anymore.

Yea except if they were really about their message they wouldnt be charging $500+ for fucking tickets.
Sure their music and message is useful in getting kids to see the world in a different light than what is taught, however when it came down to it Rage against the Machine (Tom Morello) And System of a downs (Serj) just happened to stop singing those songs live during the Obama administration huh?

Listen to a grown up musician such as Zappa who knew the system is faulty left and right

"This is the Central Scrutinizer...
It is my responsibility to enforce all the laws
That haven't been passed yet
It is also my responsibility to alert each
And every one of you to the potential consequences
Of various ordinary everyday activities
You might be performing which could eventually lead to
The Death Penalty (or affect your parents' credit rating)
Our criminal institutions are full of little creeps
Like you who do wrong things...
And many of them were driven to these crimes
By a horrible force called music!
Our studies have shown that this horrible force
Is so dangerous to society at large that laws
Are being drawn up at this very moment to stop it forever!
Cruel and inhuman punishments are being carefully described
In tiny paragraphs so they won't conflict with the Constitution
(Which, itself, is being modified in order to accommodate the future)"

Attached: 66674326_1223808864468390_8158377386199482368_n.png.jpg (500x547, 38.81K)