New clutch kit came a bit dirty with oil...

New clutch kit came a bit dirty with oil, does that mean I won't have to soak it in a bowl with oil for 24h before installing it in the bike? Just take it off the bag and replace it?

Attached: 20220308_174212.jpg (2074x1872, 950.17K)

i think /o/ is the place to be with such questions

Soak for sure. You need to make sure all the microscopic pores are filled.

no bro you need to soak it

Any Forums is for random, that includes shit like this you turd.

It would be best to go to a forum that specializes in enthusiasts for your motorcycle type.

Better safe than sorry. One more day isn't bad. Better than ruining a brand new one. It probably had a presoak but I would go ahead and soak it anyways.

Not him but I would still go check with the /o/tists, they always have a daily bike thread /dbt/

Right thanks
I've been thinking what if I run the engine in neutral after installing it, won't it lube the clutch that way

I suck pilgrims.

Yeah but it wouldn't replace a long soak.
Better safe than sorry OP. What's one more day?

That oil that's on there is only for conservation not lubrication. Best ist to remove the stuff that's on it and oil it with the right stuff.

Could be machining oil as well.

I agree with this user

soak in wd40 or any penetration oil overnight then throw some clutch grease on the contact points before install.

Attached: 1646762133991.jpg (538x604, 87.31K)

Soak it, treat it as normal like it was a lifter.

These are both good ideas

Attached: no-kitty-this-is-my-pot-pie.gif (640x616, 422.94K)

What game card do you ride in your spokes?

Motorcycle user back at it again

spray with brake cleaner thoroughly until all particles should be washed off. put in a bag of tranny fluid and squish it around a bit and leave for a few hours.

Why it must be soaked? When i did an engine rebuild i just throw the disks back as they were still oily and havent had any problem