Have any of you not outgrown the imaginary audience phenomenon? Its uncommon for it to persist past adolescent however...

Have any of you not outgrown the imaginary audience phenomenon? Its uncommon for it to persist past adolescent however, I still have it I often find myself talking to them while I'm in a empty room to let them know my opinion on things that i see when I'm watching a video. Sometimes when I'm working I'll even write things into a Google doc to let them know how I feel avout what I'm doing. I even try to impress them by acting a certain way, obviously I know they're not really there but my brain just won't fuck off and let me live that way

Attached: 1646391004614.jpg (320x240, 38.78K)

Side effect from watching too much TV, especially where the non interactive person turns to the camera and acts as if they're speaking to you.
Laugh track to show massive crowd approval.

You are schizo. Take meds.

Same mostly when playing vidya. I think I picked it up from watching a bunch of let's plays as a kid. Didn't know anyone else did this or that there was a name for it

I didn't know that there was an actual term for it. I thought it was just a symptom of my schizophrenia. It helps me personally to make a few social media posts public once in a while to put my mind at ease, since I think most of my viewers are stalking my pages.

I always imaged my viewers as tracking me every were I went throughout the day and then there knowledge of me would reset everyday

Now you mention it user i've done this quite a lot myself.
If i had to guess why its because of boredom.

OP don't try to pretend like this is some normal thing that people generally grow out of

This is mental illness,
I'm in my 30s and I've never experienced this outside of playing pretend (big Texas butters show style)

I do this when im bored

Wait that's a thing?
Since when?

>He doesn't know

Attached: what-if-my-life-is-the-truman-show-and-the-movie-was-just-a-decoy.jpg (793x1144, 579.65K)

I should imagine it has always been a thing just was never given a name. I have memory's of a friend from primary school saying he pretend he was a vlogger and he would talk to him self like people were listening to him. I think he may have also had a imaginary audience but a strange modern spin on it.

How does it work though, is the audience other people or does it go more along the lines of ghosts or angels and demons?

I've seen too many hidden camera shit, and have been walked in on while doing something stupid before, so now I always just play it safe and consider that someone might be watching.

Plus, kinda feels good to be the main character in the world.

No, there real people with normal thoughts and feelings (or at least to the persons interpretationof that maybe). it seems to vary person to person. if someone is narcissistic they may feel the people are impressed by there actions. if the persons self esteem is low they may imagine them as a harsh audience judging what they do behind closed doors

often when i try to think through something complicated, i walk up and down my room and imagine i'm explaining it to an interested listener. helps me understand and sort my ideas. is that the same

I'm a fuck head too, it's ok OP

So it's the feeling of having a group of humans observing and judging you at all times?
That sounds horrible.

Ha! I do the exact same and here I was thinking I just had schizophrenia this whole time...

There is nothing sickly about doing that though, it's basically a psychological shortcut you are using on yourself as a means to an end.
The audience thing isn't quite the same.