Where did all of the huge SLI laptops go?

I don't care about having 2 1080Ti GPUs, I just want a heavy and bulky laptop that can cool itself down and has lots of I/O ports, like at least 4 USB 3.0, an SD card reader, a micro SD card reader, and a CD drive. Is it really so much to ask for in our current year? It is borderline impossible to find any SLI laptop in the world anymore, and that is a huge shame since they filled a niche. There is no such thing as a bulky laptop in 2022 and it upsets me dearly.

Attached: 81g0YreF5bL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1298, 131.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xoticpc.com/collections/ultimate-series-gaming-laptops/products/sager-np9672m-g1-clevo-x170km-g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's called autism you should seek help

Attached: 99100496_p0 Ouro Kronii and Nanashi Mumei.png (1236x2631, 2.75M)

I have unironically been professionally tested for autism spectrum disorder (ASD) as a teenager and I never got diagnosed with it.

I have almost this exact one still. I haven't used it for a few years though.
MSI Titan GT80 or something.
Looks the same without the red accent on the back and the keyboard was just red LEDs, not RGB.

It was too big to be portablke and with horrible battery life. 2x970m. It worked well for a few years but was ultimately a waste of money compared to a desktop.
In a job where I travelled a lot, it was nice to have a pretty nice system with an 18.4" screen and mech keyboard everywhere I went. But it was something I could only take on trips, rather than something I'd carry daily to work.
With things like the XPS, I can't see a market for these big machines anymore.

SLI is dead

Attached: 1629422592603.jpg (850x907, 95.44K)

>CD drive. Is it really so much to ask for in our current year?
yes

I'd prefer to have a proper mini computer or all in one computer than a laptop with a proper screen.
Stop demanding that laptops become real computers.

based OP. For me, it's the M18xR2. The best laptop of all time. c. 2013, it can be upgraded well into modern components including 3000 series RTX cards and an M.2 SSD in the second MXM slot. Pic related, my machines with the best one's specs.

Attached: 20210723_225125.jpg (2880x2880, 832.72K)

this thing has a desktop peocessor, is prettty fuckoff big, and requires two power bricks:
xoticpc.com/collections/ultimate-series-gaming-laptops/products/sager-np9672m-g1-clevo-x170km-g

used to work for a custom laptop company, these things were pretty kick ass, loved getting to play vidya on these to test them out.

Alienware Command Center is god tier.

my close-second machine of the batch. Notably, this 980m can run without Optimus which appears to be the only way to get 4k output from the HDMI port. The 1070 is more powerful but I haven't found a way to get 4k output.

I'm a pleb secondary but they're definitely holding their value in the used market.

Attached: M18xR2-Green specs.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

The Inspiron 15 from Dell is what I use. You can get them really cheap, usually second hand about 90 bucks. Make sure you get the i3 version and not the atom or Celeron version.

Mgpu is dead
Single gpus are inefficient housefires (some Turing and rdna 2 are ok)

secondary mobile PCIe was its own reward for upgradability even after SLI died. You can get adapters for future devices since the interface is standard.

Mxm? Yeah rip I can use m2 in my old lappy and a egpu but it isn't the same and I lose my ssd too

Just get a desktop at that point for that weight. Laptops are for portable

10 pounds too heavy for your noodle arms?

nice argument faggot

Have you checked XMG and Clevo ?

it's a serious question. You really need a 12 ounce Macbook? Where's the cutoff between doing a few curls vs sacrificing functionality?

Because big corp decides so.

>No one wanted 3D tv's
>No one wanted thinner fragile phones
>No one asked for non removable batteries in laptops yet here we are
>No one asked for the metaverse but here we are

It's because corporations are lead by out of touch businessmen that decide you should use/have something. The the rest of the flock just follows corporation X because they have even less imagination.