The British will save the Internet

The UK is about to outlaw cookie notices and replace them with a single button you just have to press once for all sites.

techcrunch.com/2022/06/17/uk-data-reform-bill-response/

Attached: Whitmore-High-School-students-celebrate-A-level-resultsJPG.jpg (1200x630, 108.61K)

aren't they the ones who make cookie notices a thing in the first place?

No that was the EU.

It was the EU, but to keep their business in the UK international sites will adopt the new model and benefit the entire world.

Great more websites will just pull out of the UK or even Europe

I don’t really see any british people in your picrel OP. Having a laugh?

fuck cookie notices
it has unironically forced cookie usage, intentional or otherwise, because you can't get rid of the cookie warning without saving that preference AS A COOKIE
because i could just block cookies myself no prob, now i get a cookie warning every time because of that
fuck you, eu

There's a bloke in the back

>a single button you just have to press once for all sites
How is that going to be implemented in practice? How can site A know that I pressed the no cookie button on site B? What if site B uses different cookies compared to site A? Is there going to be some sort of centralized repository of information where this is stored and every web page in existence has to query? How would such a system even identify that I'm one particular person browsing both sites A and B? If it CAN identify me, then isn't the no coookie DB essentially tracking my online activity instead of protecting me against tracking?

Is this just going to be a mandatory browser-side option? But I can disable cookies already, plus this doesn't really allow for permitting the use of cookies which are essential for primary functionality. This whole thing sounds stupid as fuck, like it was made up by a bunch of faggots who have no idea how any of this works.

I guess the cleanest way would be to introduce a new request header like do-not-track.

God bless the Eternal Anglo, now and forever

Anything of note happens in London, a place without British people.

That doesn't address the fact that different sites can use different cookies, plus it would be a browser-side thing anyway, not something the website displays like OP claims. It sounds almost like simply disabling 3rd party cookies outright. Also if this is to be rolled out globally then it would still have to be compliant with the current cookie notice requirements too, so it can't actually just be some shit buried in browser settings.

>Pakis, niggers and muslims......
Yep, thats the UK.

>The British will save the Internet
The UK and Australia ruined both the Internet and the world since 2013

I hear the terrorism is just part and parcel there.

>you just have to press once for all sites.
I won't press anything, fuck off

Attached: 1627133392961.png (1200x1200, 87.41K)

absolutely retarded. what they should do is just outlaw targeted advertising completely. (whether done by means of cookies or by anything else)

looks almost like in germany

Attached: 1637296449925.png (640x471, 603.74K)

>cookies become allowed by default and the user has to opt-out, the method by which needs to be clearly visible
So instead of cookie consent banners, there'll be cookie opt-out banners.

The (((eternal anglo))) helping their friends in (((advertising)))