Is getting a cs degree still worth it

is getting a cs degree still worth it

Attached: 1655083359562.jpg (750x562, 34.92K)

Did you get filtered by data structures?

No, going to a cheap state school and majoring in a degree that will automatically get you a 6 figure job is a massive scam, other anons told me so! Just save yourself the trouble and work as a grocery store stocker for the rest of your life, you'll thank yourself for not getting into crippling 4 figure debt!

No, go into accounting or something where it's helpful to have programming knowledge, but isn't a programming job

you will btfo of your competition once you start working, just be sure to get relevant internships during summers so you can get a decent job after graduation

Is (MIS) management information systems any good?

I switched to an "remote" university during lockdowns. "To continue my studies" if HR asks. I literally goggle the multiple choice questions. It's that easy.

>cheap school
>4 figure debt

It’s not go do something else

unironically yes
where do I suicide?

Attached: 141881423.jpg (693x448, 76.6K)

Don't do it, user. Just go do something else. The memes says tradies are making a killing because zoomers.

Fuck data structures
Fuck discrete math

My data structures prof was an autistic russian who gave the worst lectures and went on random tangents about his papers nobody fucking asked about. Hardest exam I had in university given how much I spent studying for it and my result. We had a mulligan on our midterm because too many people failed it abysmally.

Yes, its the minimal requirement for getting a decent job. Skills matters too but recruiter will have to look for candidate's qualification. CS degree is important.

Is CE viewed similarly to CS by employers?

depends on job position. Mostly it doesn't matter if candidate did CS, CE or SE, as long as candidate have computer science background, you'll be preferred over a person with no/irrelevant degree.

>is getting a cs degree still worth it
For me it was super useful. But I live in Scandinavia and got a close to free degree, it cost me about 200€ + the opportunity cost of not working.
One the absolute best decisions of my life.

If degrees are so accessible in Scandinavia, how does that affect job prospects for people without degrees?

Does getting a low GPA in the degree cuck you from ur full potential?? I just got mine and got a 2.2 in it (56% average) ;(

I had an autistic slavoid (I think Russian iirc) CS prof in my school
I guess CS just has a way of attracting strange Russian men

all the good jobs are locked behind coding tests where you have to display your knowledge of data structures and algorithms. a (halfway decent) cs degree will teach you those. you might be tempted to just memorize an algorithms textbook, but the degree will certify you in the eyes of hr and other corporate leaders

in other words: yes, if you’re not low iq

Still pretty doable. It is just not common to be self taught as you can get an education cheaply, and your income will not increase by that much so people can just do another job instead.
You are are a good developer you can maybe earn twice of a teacher, but that if is you do really well. Usually you will earn around 1.2 - 1.5 more than a public school teacher or a standard office job, so not many people find the need to spend a lot of time to potentially land a software dev job.
There are a few, but it is not common.

Getting any degree isn't worth it anymore.
The society is collapsing.

so die

negro I make $150k with fat stacks of savings to insulate me for several years speak for yourself, and I have my CS degree to thank