How do I get really good at Python? I got cucked by a course because I haven't learned enough Python going in...

How do I get really good at Python? I got cucked by a course because I haven't learned enough Python going in. How good can I get by September?

Attached: py3.png (768x707, 53.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tensorflow.org/learn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do I get really good at Python?
Why?

What are you trying to do with Python? Get through a uni course?

Getting good at a base language is probably something you could grind up on CodeWars or LeetCode, but that's like 5% of the knowledge base you'd actually need for a job...

Attached: 1644032512055.gif (498x498, 1.19M)

Because I need to git gud at it for this class. It's required for my major and the asshole that teaches the course expects you to be proficient in it, even though technically speaking this is a freshman level course. But other than that it wouldn't be the worst use of my time learning it either. I know the basics but I have done jack shit besides that.

For now it's mainly for a course, yes. What would I need to know for a job though? It's not the only thing I'm working on.

Can’t instantly pick up any language by reading documentation as he codes

Just come up with a program and work on it while doing what I just said. Otherwise NGMI

>reading documentation
That's what I would normally do but I had a hard time with this class trying to do that. So instead I'm gonna go in there with better python skills.

Bump

what are you struggling with? python is mostly about memorizing the built-in functions. im sure you already know basic programming concepts by now

tensorflow.org/learn

Attached: 250w.jpg (250x412, 44.3K)

I had to write unit tests for logs and i couldnt get a single test to work. But it made me realize i need to learn python in general. I was considering getting serious about it anyway.

Last bump

Check out:
Dive Into Python 3 - Mark Pilgrim
It's online for free.

Lots of books are a double bore with describing sample code, then showing sample code. This book pulls the opposite trick. The sample code is more dense (appropriately commented), but you can't gloss over it because that's where a lot of the instruction is.

It's a good book for fundamentals, but understand it's a few years old and you'll have to sniff out relevant 3rd party libraries on your own. I still recommend it though.

Ill check it out thanks

Oh it's you again

I'm surprised anyone remembered that thread. Is there an issue?

I remember you from a couple days ago. Start grinding leetcodes. Try to figure it out on your own for like 2 hours and then look up various solutions in the discussion section. Don't copy paste anything, make sure you understand it and then try to debug your code yourself. You're gonna suck at it and it will be brutally slow, but that's the point- you suck and are slow so you just have to do more and get better. Tutorials are fine too but make sure you're actually writing the code with your own fingers.

Does leetcode help improve reading docs? That was by far the biggest problem i had with this class. But ill look into doing that. I do have a codecemdy pro account as well and they have a lot of python stuff on there.

Reading docs improves reading docs, just do it.

start a project and actually write code

RTFM

I never formally learned python, i just learned little by little as a needed to use it from time to time (since all the popular ml stuff uses it )