Ask dad for help on big senior college sales project

>ask dad for help on big senior college sales project
>he delivers far more than I ask
>it’s all in PowerPoint 2007
>despite real experience I know my sales professor won’t like it and I’ll get a bad grade

I don’t know how to thank him but the fact is I can’t use any of this. I know I can’t say “no thanks” on this presentation because he’s put more effort in it than I have in a few years. The only thing that comes to mind is modernizing his 2003 presentation and not telling him. What do I do Any Forums?

Attached: 4666E34C-16E0-4EF6-B49F-90B6ACFFABB9.jpg (553x311, 34.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ucmo.edu/harmon-college-of-business-and-professional-studies/college-highlights/state-farm/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tell him thanks and that you will have to make a few adjustments to tge presentation.

The truth might hurt but it hurts less than deceit

>"sales professor"
Sorry, user, but whatever course it is you're on, you're wasting your time and money. Being good at sales comes from experience - it can't be taught in a classroom.

But it sounds like the best solution for you is to modernise the presentation your father was kind enough to prepare for you.

>my sales professor won’t like it and I’ll get a bad grade

Show it to professor early, ask for feedback to see if you are going in the right direction. They will tell you. Then write down that feedback, and make necessary changes. If you want, include your dad on the feedback.

That way you aren't "guessing" what the prof will like, it lets you and your father still bond as he sees what changes you make, and if anyone is the bad guy, it's your professor.

I deal with this all the time, but with designers - we often use a persons work as a starting point. So we say

"This is great, I really appreciate you how did x, y, z" Then later, if we revisit the work, we explain what changes we made and why. You are grateful for the time and attention he put in - now get some additional feedback from professor.

Also who gives a fuck if it's in power point. are you getting graded on flashy graphics and stuff? IF so, just hire some dude on Upwork to update the graphic design elements.

Yeah I know, it was either this course or a sales internship. To be honest what he had in mind works but I need to crop the white space on his logos and keep the color scheme thematic with the company I’m selling to. It’d be rad if I could actually handle that without being sandwiched between two courses where each exam is 1/3 of my grade.

The difference between your stupid idiot father and you is about 20 years.

He's worked with idiots in his life before, but they could get the right work out of him by giving him the right information.

Imagine your father's pride after hearing, "hey this is a great start and far more work than I expected or my teacher even wants! But I'm going to use some of this to polish this assignment up! Thanks dad! I'll show you when it's done! "

Nah. Insult him instead. This will definitely have zero consequence on your future.

I would but it’s a live presentation to a potential employer Tuesday. I’ll take your advice and send my altered prototype to my prof later tonight. P.s. I’m graded on performance with an expected high mark in “building relationships” from that alone. The industrial revolution was a mistake.

>crop the white space on his logos and keep the color scheme thematic with the company I’m selling to

I always think it's pretty ballsy to use a company's brand on work I'm pitching to them tbh. I never do that shit in the real world. Nothing irritates a company more than mis-using their branding elements. But I sell to marketing people, so that's probably different.

"live presentation to a potential employer Tuesday" seems kind of weird, but I guess I don't understand the class. What are you fake selling? how are they a potential employer?

He makes over 200k as a brokerage firm with one employee. I’m not gonna disparage his strategies. They work for him.

I’m selling to a company AS their company to a long standing client. I wouldn’t care much if it wasn’t 65% of my grade and kept me from graduating.

I fucking hate school. In the real world you don't shit together your own proposals on your own if you are selling anything of value. I hated school. so glad it's done. I love being in a place in my life where I can ask for help when I need it, i can talk to the client and see what they want in advance, then give it to them.

This is just pretend right? Or are all these companies volunteering their time? I remember companies would be on the "board" and do shit like that.

Suggestion for those with balls:
>Call the company tomorrow, say "hey - I'm pitching to your team tomorrow, can I speak with [whoever the guy is]"
>Hey Mr. Company man - tomorrow when I'm speaking for your company - what is critical that I communicate to your client?
>Do you have any sample presos you have used that I can look at? I want to make sure I'm representing your company faithfully. I don't want to make some stupid mistake like violating your branding standards.
>You've been repping this client for 20 years - how do they make their decisions?
>I know you are busy, but do you have 5 minutes for me to run through my preso with you before hand?

Because that is how the real world works, and you probably can do it all. It shows your professionalism, shows you have initiative, and I guarantee it will make more of an impression than anything you actually say in your pitch.

>65% of my grade
holy shit, and you haven't run it past your professor yet?

anyway, good luck.

Attached: 1644704301480.jpg (640x800, 37K)

Thanks for responding to my bs. Both replies are me and idk what to do, at the very least I can troll State Farm for the bad grade they gave in my last session. I might use what my dad showed me in regards to assuming the sale, it’s something different than the legion of endless questions from clueless overpaid sales students.

oh final tip. any business person who does this dumb shit either likes fucking college students, is too impressed with themselves and likes feeling important, and clearly isn't busy enough at work.

So let them talk when they want to talk. People like this tend to try "gotcha" questions, so they can later pontificate about shit. So when those questions come out - ones you don't know, and aren't really expected to know. Don't worry about it.

>"Good question, I'm not sure right now, but I'll get back to you monday morning"
>Excellent question, I think we can do that, but I'll need to confirm with my team
>I'm not sure. Can you tell me more about your requirements?"

just reading this. what fuck hole at statefarm gave you a bad grade? What was their job title?

It’s what works from a grad POV. The next 2 are gonna avg for the first. I can bitch and moan but it’s either this or an internship. Almost anything is better than that.

>assuming the sale

This is a proven sales tactic, and I use it constantly. Does it make you uncomfortable to pitch like that? I understand if it does. It's a lot easier when you are confident that your product will benefit them.

I can only imagine the self important sales faggot that state farm sends to do this shit. Hawking insurance is one step above selling cars.

The guy that shit on me was the head of a region. Outside of irrational “I suck” feelings it came down to bringing up independent dealers and singling me out for that.

is it this type of thing? ucmo.edu/harmon-college-of-business-and-professional-studies/college-highlights/state-farm/

Oh no, I feel no discomfort from it, it’s just counter to what my “advanced” sales course wants me to do. If anything I’d love for you to motivate me into it.

Kinda, it’s a part of the course, not some little booth in the lobby. State Farm sucks pp though from what I saw.