I have never seen a laptop that can hold a big HDD

Laptop HDDs typically don't get taller than 7mm, but the bigger ones (4TB+) are twice as thick, meaning that near 0 laptops can actually hold them comfortably. I am planning on buying a laptop that can hold at least two of these fucking monsters so I can store pirated media, pirated games, and books. Does such a laptop exist? Or am I permanently stuck with NVMe drives?

Attached: BBC HDD.png (1441x247, 77.04K)

> 7mm
Zoom.
Also they’re for servers.

Which are the size of small cap laptop HDDs, a big one is twice that. What were they thinking?

>What were they thinking?
They were thinking about random performance and rack density

Apparently not since being 14mm fucks most laptops, but it is alright if you use it as an external drive.

>Does such a laptop exist?
Yes, I have a broken laptop somewhere which has the first model of 2.5" HDD installed (20Mb made by PraireTek)

Don't sell it, either wait until it become antiquated or donate it to a museum. I don't think that if you did install a super modern drive that it would not work? Read/write would be slow as fuck, but I would put 5TB in there for the novelty.

It wouldn't work but it can definitely hold it

Aw shit, I should have done my homework. The point is, most, if now all laptops made after 2020 don't have the proper depth to comfortably encase a 14mm thick HDD. You can blame this retarded hipster trend of "le laptop has to be slim like a Macbook.....it just has to, OK!" and as a result, we see no more beefy laptops that not only lack the depth to hold components but also lack upgradability and especially cooling.

We should have machines that are about the size of a T420 but have 200 watt-hours of battery by now. Thinner laptops than that are completely pointless, I will never understand this normalfag obsession, everything bigger than 7 inch has to go in a bag anyway.

I understand the sarcasm, but different strokes for different folks. 90% of consumers would be happy with a notebook or a slim gaming laptop, but people who want more niche, more enthusiest beefy laptops should not be excluded. Thinner laptops do have their place, I am not bashing them, but they need to coexist with the huge, beefy, desktop replacements. You rarely see a desktop replacement after 2018.

high capacity SSDs make them obsolete for laptop use

>I understand the sarcasm
I'm dead serious.

>*bang* *CRASH*
THAT'S ALL IT TAKES FOR YOU DATA TO BE GONE!

Attached: hdd superiority.png (300x168, 61.61K)

>don't have backups
>is a clumsy person anyway

If you are clumsy, you should not even use a laptop anyway, or you should at least keep it in a backpack if you have Parkinson's.

>take laptop in public
>literally anyone can knock it over

Don't fall over don't bump into people bag first. Who the fuck holds a laptop and walks around with it like a phone?

People can't bump into you? People can't bump into the table it's on?

Why are you teetering your laptop off the edge like a sea-saw then?

HDDs are obsolete in laptops but not just because of this, mostly because SSDs are orders of magnitude more efficient and don't waste power keeping a physical disk spun up doing nothing.

Unless you are maintaining a large server, the wattage consumption on an HDD is trivial.

>x2

Attached: .png (450x57, 2.53K)

That is fuck all compared to a GPU or a CPU under load.

Attached: .png (800x1035, 59.19K)

They can consume a couple watts, which on a laptop with say a 20W CPU, is actually quite substantial, especially given that your processor is not going to be drawing 20W passively.
Because they also need power just to standby and do nothing, it really adds up.

Proving? Laptops don't use much power compared to a desktop?

Unless you live in Africa, the electrical bill would hardly go up and a single solar panel will save you trouble.

>-10% battery life

It's a laptop you retard, it has to run on a battery. Nobody cares about electricity bills.