If you could obtain just one of the two following powers, which would you pick...

If you could obtain just one of the two following powers, which would you pick, and what would you use it to get away with?

1. the power to turn yourself invisible whenever you wanted for a whole week

2. a power that rewires people to passively accept your actions as if you didn’t exist, lasting for 1 day only (the long-term effect your deeds have upon them won’t go unnoticed, however)

it doesn’t have to be sexual, as the picture would suggest, either

Attached: FA185488-9D75-4780-8CA8-5ABF829E5722.jpg (321x321, 24.96K)

1 is completely better than.

Invisible for a whole week, ez
The sheer amount of things you could get away with scot free far outweighs the repercussions of the possibility of people eventually knowing.

Attached: 6a00d8341c68f553ef01310ff3f483970c.jpg (399x276, 17.4K)

I should also add that they aren’t going to recall your involvement in whatever it is that you do for part two, afterward. It’s just that they’ll notice the indirect effects of it

that picture, lol

are your clothes invisible too? or do you have to be naked the whole week?

do you get to pick which week? or does it start upon decision made?

either way, 1 is far better than 2

anyone with thermal optics could see you. this is probably a lot more limiting than you might think.

Your clothes are invisible. If they didn’t go invisible, that would be pretty inconvenient this time of year

I dont know its a big question.
Super powers implies divinity / supernatural things.
That implies punishments for deeds.

Not over thinking it though I would say invisibility since number two seems to do nothing about digital surveillance.
I would go where I want, take what I need, and finally stop suffering from a lack of basic necessities and accomplish some of the things I want to accomplish. I would totally be a voyeur on occasion too.

Imagine smearing your invisible shit all over everything.

Attached: poopoopepe.jpg (480x633, 27.42K)

>superpowers
>convenient
come on, make it interesting. it's not like anyone will see you freezing your ass off

Most people on avg don’t have thermal optics, retard.

Exactly, let's imagine you want to assassinate president biden. He is probably always being guarded with tons of surveillence, thermal included. Your assassination attempt would probably fail

IR/Thermal optics, pressure sensors, fingerprints, DNA, all things that screw the benefits of being invisible (at least in the visible spectrum).

More realistically, you want the power to freeze time, like as seen in Time Freeze Brave. This way you can "clean" the scene of the crime(s) AND no modern sensor can pick you up.

Modern security cameras come equipped with IR lights and sensors that work in the IR spectrum. Same for game cameras. Hell, you can buy FLIR attachments for your phone.

If you are hitting any secure place, you are going to show up on cameras (at least at night), and be some odd blob during the day.

Doesn't matter long term though, cause DNA and fingerprinting will be used to bust your ass if left behind. Especially if it was high profile crime. Not so much if petty.

Thoughtful answer. Though, I’m not sure if merely the existence of a supernatural entity entails divine punishment. I think that just one way the are portrayed as being. Deists, if I remember correctly, believe there is a god but that he created the universe and nothing more than that

Probably take 1. Assuming I can start that week/day whenever I want basically bank it until I actually need it or have a solid plan to use it with in place then have a week to fuck around when I'm actually ready for it. You could EASILY get laid with full consent as an invisible man. I'd bet there's hordes of women with that fantasy out there. If you were going to steal stuff then precious metals would be the way to go. Can always melt down gold and tamper with the purity a bit to make it look like recovered electronics gold, the results of a good panning trip, or something like that. Money has serials, gems can too. If you take something that can be traced you're going to get caught.

As another user pointed out when it comes to 2 the people may be accepting in that moment but a camera's not going to lie. If it doesn't make it "acceptable" forever including consequences and "long term effects" it's not worth it and will come back to bite you in the ass. The only way this is viable is if at worst people know but just don't care that you did X at all. If 2 worked that way I'd take it instead.

Both powers are essentially useless in the modern era, if invisibility is limited to visual EM range. The only thing you'd be able to get away with is petty crime like shoplifting and general harassment/assault where they don't have an obvious perp and it is low priority enough to give up on.

Leave evidence though, and your ass is grass.

Best option for murder is to frame someone using 1: go up to like an armed agent, then use them to shoot the target. Only way you'd get away with it. Agent would treated as if insane, and no one would suspect to look for you except for conspiracy nuts.

That’s the other power I had in mind to include, but I’ve made a thread with it as the basis before so I though I’d change it this time

Actually, I meant that the time frame was the ultimate limit, not the time you use it for

Possibly, you'd have to time it when he was out and about (like going to the heli or at public speech), ghost an agent, then use the agent to murder Biden. That way it would be treated as an insider threat and you would be able to disappear in the resulting chaos. It would be FAR harder to do it in a secure environment like the white house where dedicated security equipment exists.

Dress up as a "realistic" ghost and poltergeist the fuck of someone lol. Clothes being invisible too would probably look all sorts of fucked up to the camera. The IR function might see you but the normal camera won't. They're not going to jump straight to "THAT WAS A BURGLAR AND WE'VE BEEN ROBBED!" when someone that looks like a ghost and can't be seen by anything but the IR camera shambles in, stuffs an ingot in their pocket that also disappears, then shambles off.

Enough people have seen Hollow Man and other similar movies to eventually realize they are dealing with a invisible human AFTER they shit their pants from the scare, especially when presented evidence for it IRL. If you want to get off scott-free for your crime, you gotta leave no trace behind.

Plus once you nick something high value, FBI will be watching for you to fence it, especially if rare or unique.

I figured you meant as in once it starts that actual week is the time to the second regardless of how much you use it. The sticker is does it start immediately or can you postpone the start of that timer by not using it for the first time until you're ready?

I didn't consider that idea all that much, but I had the vague sort of idea that you would know when it's going to start, and while the time frame doesn't instantly begin, it would be in the near future (like 24 hours, for instance)

That's why you go for something that isn't easily traced or can be tampered with in such a way that tracing it becomes effectively impossible. Gold is the best for this because of a fairly low melt temp and how easy it'd be to mess up the purity to "backyard smelter" levels. You do something like go panning regularly or start ripping apart old electronics and actually doing a bit of gold recovery and it's a lot harder to just say "That guy's got gold! GET'IM!" I think you put way too much stock into whether or not people would even figure it out in the first place, especially from a single event. It's basically Death Note levels of ridiculous and realistically would take more than just a fingerprint or something, especially if you'd been there before as a customer. A "ghost" that is actually invisible yoinking something would radically change the way it's handled if it was even taken seriously in the first place.

You can see all the fiction movies you want but nobody ever expects it to actually happen. A greedy ghost honestly seems more plausible to me lol.

well it depends on the scope of what you're trying to do right? like yeah you probably couldn't conduct a grand heist but there's plenty of other stuff that you could do that wouldn't raise suspicion

I should add that thievery probably would be a worse way to make money than fucking women who always wanted to get railed by a ghost or invisible man for money for a week.